Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity program offers flexibility in course selection for those who are preparing for a form of Christian ministry. This program is intended for those who expect to be involved in staff positions in churches or in para-church ministries. Taylor now offers a 77-hour MDiv program, which focuses on essential ministry preparation and spiritual formation. This program is intended to serve students by reducing the time and cost involved in getting their degree.
1. The personal and spiritual maturity expected of a minister of the Gospel and a commitment to ongoing growth.
2. A broad knowledge of the Bible and theology and the ability to apply this knowledge in a redemptive ministry in the church and the world.
3. Commitment to the church’s worldwide mission of gospel proclamation, discipleship, and social change.
4. Competence in the skills required for the teaching, preaching, worship, pastoral care, evangelistic, and administrative ministries of the church.
5. The ability to provide effective leadership for a congregation of believers.
Bible (18 credits)
BI 412 Biblical Hermeneutics 3
BI 514 Greek and Hebrew Tools 3
NT 416 New Testament Introduction 3
NT or BI Elective 3
OT 417 Old Testament Introduction 3
OT or BI Elective 3
Church History and Theology (15 credits)
CH 420 Church History to 1500 3
CH 422 Church History since 1500 3
TH 531 Systematic Theology I 3
TH 532 Systematic Theology II 3
plus one of the following three courses: 3
TH 526 Christian Ethics or
TH 534 Christian Worldview or
TH 634 Christian Apologetics
Church Mission and Ministry (38 credits)
CE 532 Educational Task of the Church 3
FE 442 Field Education Experience Unit 1 1
FE 443 Field Education Experience Unit 2 1
FE 444 Field Education Experience Unit 3 1
FE 445 Field Education Experience Unit 4 1
FE 446 Field Education Experience Unit 5 1
MI 432 Integral Mission 3
MI 545 Evangelism and Church Planting 3
PC 431 Personal Development and Ministry 3
PC 531 Essentials of Pastoral Care 3
PL 633 Essentials of Christian Leadership 3
PT 540 Spiritual Formation 3
PW 431 Introduction to Preaching 3
PW Preaching Elective 3
PW 631 Christian Worship 3
WR 523 Christian Encounter with World Religions 3
Free Electives 6
Total Credits 77
* Baptist History & Thought is required of Baptist students only.