As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Faculty Member (Youth Ministry)
Three Hills, AB Canada
Website : www.prairie.edu
Faculty Member (Youth Ministry)
Hours: Full Time
Wage: To scale with benefits.
Starting Date: July 1, 2018 (negotiable)
Contact: Marion Greene
Email: Please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Phone: (403) 443-3030
This full time position exists to support the mission of Prairie “to establish God’s kingdom by equipping and mentoring individuals through biblically integrated education for life and careers that will meet the greatest needs of the world”. This specific role is to provide excellent and relevant educational leadership and teaching to students who are preparing for participation in youth work and ministry. A secondary teaching competence is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach a full-time faculty load of twenty-four credit hours each academic year, with the primary instructional area in youth ministry (Program coordinator responsibilities are given the equivalent of three credit hours in the faculty load).
- Serve as the program coordinator for youth ministry academic programs, providing primary leadership in the development of philosophy, rationale, and curriculum.
- Develop conferences, seminars and events that will encourage youth ministers.
- Mentor and disciple students in the youth program.
- Participate in faculty meetings and responsibilities.
- Oversight and guidance of youth program students in internships/practicums.
- Participate in designated areas of co-curricular life as mutually agreed on with the dean of education.
- Advise students in youth program and assist them in finding career futures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent teaching skills in a post-secondary classroom setting.
- Passionate about preparing college students for youth ministry and work.
- Understanding of academic rigor appropriate to post-secondary education.
- Broad and deep knowledge of the academic discipline of youth and youth ministry.
- Secondary teaching competency required.
- Understanding of and commitment to youth ministry within the local church.
- Experience in Christian post-secondary education.
- Ability and skill to relate well to college-age students.
- Able to transfer passion, knowledge, and skills for youth ministry to students.
- Mission: Knowledge of and commitment to Prairie’s mission, vision, core values, statement of faith, and Community Covenant.
- Church: Understanding of and commitment to the local church.
- Education: A minimum level of a graduate degree in youth related discipline. (PhD or DMin preferred)
- Experience: Two or more years of successful post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
- Ministry: Significant experience in youth ministry leadership.
- English Language: Excellent knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including composition and grammar.
- Team attitude: Must have the ability to work in and contribute to a team.
In accordance with the standards of the government, preference given to qualified applicants who hold Canadian citizenship or are a permanent residence of Canada. Prairie’s goal is to begin review of applicants by October 31, 30, 2017 and to complete the hiring by December 31, 2017. However, applications will be received until the position has been filled by a qualified person.
Apply By Date: 31/10/2017
Phone: (403) 443-5511
Address: Prairie College
PO Box 4000
Three Hills, AB T0M 2N0