Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services, food, clothing and housing, support services (including employment, health and wellness, and corrections chaplaincy), and housing services, including tenant support and low income housing, to those in need.
Reporting to the Senior Administration Assistant the Receptionist plays a significant role in facilitating communication and supporting administration at The Mustard Seed. The Receptionist is the first person of contact for individuals phoning in or walking through the front door of the Community Support Centre. The Administrative assistant provides essential reception and administrative support to The Mustard Seed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring the welcoming and professional reception of people who contact The Mustard Seed by telephone, in person or by email; ensure first contact with clients, potential volunteers visitors and donors is positive
- Facilitating communication within The Mustard Seed by directing phone calls to appropriate persons and coordinating the efficient distribution of phone messages, mail, faxes and emails
- Providing administrative support to The Mustard Seed in all areas of the ministry and written communications such as letters, notices and newsletters, spreadsheets
- Maintaining the company database by creating and updating files for consistency and accuracy, and provide administrative support to Administration department as requested
- Maintaining inventory of office, stationery and printer supplies
- Ensuring that office equipment and office systems, including telephone systems, fax machines and photocopiers are operating efficiently and to call service specialists as required
- Maintaining a clean, organized and welcoming reception area and office space,
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly courier package to be sent to Alberta office for processing
- Meeting with Supervisor on a weekly basis
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must be able to relate well to people from diverse backgrounds
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Very strong receptionist skills and positive attitude
- Experience with Microsoft Office software and database management
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Able to pick up and implement new skills quickly and adapt to change
- A passion to be part of ending homelessness in Alberta;
- Regular contact with a diverse group of individuals and may encounter difficult behaviors from time to time
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: Immediate
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days.