Leduc Community Baptist Church - Leduc, AB
Rationale: We believe that we are in need of a staff person who can work with our youth, and can partner with our senior pastor in the overall ministry of our church. We presently have a young and growing youth group that is in need of more leadership than can be offered by our committed volunteers. Many of the youth are in elementary and junior high where we believe they are most open to accepting new leadership. We want to be intentional in how we transition kids into youth, and believe there are lots of potential opportunities for developing cross over between youth and our Summer Day Camp Program. (ZAO) To find out more about our church, please visit our website at www.leduccommunitybaptistchurch.org.
Overview: This person will be responsible to the board of elders under the leadership of the Senior Pastor. This individual will work in conjunction with the staff team. The following is a description of the responsibilities of the role:
Ministry To Youth and Young Adults
This individual will be responsible to develop and oversee the various ministries within this group which will include:
- Junior and Senior High Youth Bible Studies
- Junior and Senior High Activities (Socials, Missions Trips, Special Events)
- One on one and or small group mentoring and discipleship
- Communication with parents, and opportunities to develop parent/ teen relationships
- Development of adult sponsors and youth leadership
- Oversight of our SHIFT program for kids between elementary and junior high
- Giving Leadership to our Summer Day Camp program
- Exploration and development of Young adults small group/ministry
- Related administrative responsibilities (i.e. Criminal records checks, youth waivers)
In conjunction with the senior pastor, this individual will have the opportunity to be involved in and develop other areas of church life. This may include preaching, teaching, worship, visitation, weddings, funerals, etc. This individual will also have the opportunity to be part of and offer their insight into future planning and direction of ministries. They will be expected to work with the rest of the staff team.
Other duties or opportunities for ministry will be assigned according to the individual’s spiritual gifts and talents.
- Education: A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Christian ministry or related degree.
- Experience: Some prior experience in ministry is required.
- Gifting: Must have a general understanding of his/her gifts and strengths.
• The successful applicant will also need to agree with the CBWC ministerial policies and procedures protocol, and the church’s statement of faith.
Individuals, who wish to apply for this position, can send a resume including references to:
C/O: Search Committee
Leduc Community Baptist Church
3205 Coady Blvd
Or email the same to:
Application Deadline is: November 15, 2013
The search committee is committed to filing this role as expediently as is prudent and wise.