Horses of Hope Ranch Foreman/Woman - Full Time
Hope Mission - Wetaskiwin, AB
Competition # 2013 – 24
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who come to our doors would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour. This vision can be fulfilled only if staff is diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Job Description: Horses of Hope Ranch Foreman/woman
- Location: Bethany Homes, Wetaskiwin (AB)
- Reports to: Horses of Hope Coordinator
To work with the “Horses of Hope Program” assisting the Coordinator with the daily tasks of caring for the horses and facilities by providing a safe peaceful environment where broken and hurting children and adults can learn to ride and work with horses with a goal of finding hope and healing in God’s love.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applicant must be able to provide daily care and needs of the horses and overseeing and managing a barn of horses including regular daily care, feeding and medical emergencies, booking the farrier, veterinary needs, regular medical care such as de-worming and vaccinations and coordinating the purchase of feed and rotating horses between the pasture and barn (depending on requirements).
- Applicant must be capable of providing safe and adequate riding instruction to the children and adults that come to Bethany homes through the Horses of Hope program. Riding experience and training must be capable of dealing with beginner to more advanced riders.
- Applicant must keep the horses in good shape and healthy by implementing a regular riding (exercise) and training schedule. (Specialized training in horse training is necessary)
- Assist Coordinator with book keeping and letters to families and various agencies and schools. Computer knowledge would be important. (business degree would be an asset)
- To provide good “people skills” in a friendly atmosphere and environment as we deal with various people, families and children who come to Bethany homes.
- Train workers/volunteers to assist with program and the care of ranch daily tasks.
To be fit and capable of working in all climate conditions including physically demanding work such as lifting bales (feeding horses), carrying and working with various equipment.
- Must be able to model a loving relationship to children/adults and communicate the love of Jesus Christ through the horses and the program being offered.
- Must have a minimum of 10 + years full-time experience (professional) operating a riding facility and caring/training horses.
- An associate or university degree from either a college/ university.
- A diploma in business would be an asset.
- A minimum of 10 + years experience (professional) in teaching children/adults to ride horses in beginner to advanced levels.
- To strive in all areas of work to be a role model as we serve and uplift women, men, children and youth through the life changing message of Jesus Christ.
- Work together with other Hope Mission staff to accomplish and achieve the Hope Mission Vision Statement that others would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- Agree and sign the Hope Mission’s “Statement of Faith” which guides our ability to care for people in need (James 1:27).
The remuneration of salary and benefits will be relevant to the knowledge and experience of the person applying for the position.
- 40 hour work week.
- 2 week vacation time (annually)
- Maximum Salary: $45,000 (forty five thousand) annually.
- Excellent Manulife Health and Dental Benefits after 3-month probation.
- A full Resume outlining personal information, past horse related job experience (must be a minimum 10 years full-time experience) in equine care and ranch operations.
- Cover Letter stating why you would like to work in a Christian ministry.
People and Culture, Hope Mission
Mail: PO Box 953, Edmonton, AB T5J 2L8
We thank all applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
No phone inquiries please.