As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Millwoods Evangelical Free Church (Edmonton)
1559 80th Street NW, Edmonton, AB T6K4A8
Job Description: Job Posting PDF
We are a church that loves God and is looking for a senior pastor who is welcoming and friendly, and has a focus on community outreach and missions. We are searching for a pastor who upholds our strong interconnected fellowship, and our prayer and volunteer ministries. Most importantly, our ideal pastor is Biblical, demonstrating strong effective communication in preaching and teaching, servant leadership, compassionate care, and an ability to relate to people of all ages.
Living in Mill Woods:
The people of Millwoods Evangelical Free Church meet in our own wheelchair accessible building on attractive 3-acre landscaped grounds located in southeast Edmonton, Alberta, in the vibrant, young, and established but growing community of Mill Woods. Our building is equipped with a commercial kitchen, 6 age specific rooms, and the sanctuary seats 180. Mill Woods is home to shopping, a community hospital, recreation centres, green parks, playgrounds, sports parks, golf course, and many schools, daycares, and preschools. The area is bussed, and the Light Rail Transit expansion arrives soon.
- Provide Biblical preaching and teaching with a strong focus on communicating to this congregation as a whole.
- Act as a servant-leader to compassionately care for the church community, equipping, teaching, and motivating our people in maximizing their gifts and abilities in service to the Kingdom of God both within the church, and beyond.
- In concert with the Elders, who serve as fellow shepherds, determine specific vision and strategies which help implement the above.
- Display servant leadership and character in keeping with 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5.
- Demonstrate a heart for pastoral ministry, prayer, and Biblical study.
- Have successfully completed a graduate level theology program, Master of Divinity, or Master of Theology degree. Consideration will also be given to a degree from a recognized Bible School institution.
- Have, as strong assets, ministry experience in areas such as: teaching, outreach, discipleship, missions, Christian education, pastoral care, etc.
- Show strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others in all age ranges.
- Be ordained, be in the process of ordination, and/or be willing to transfer ordination to Evangelical Free Church of Canada.
Resumes accepted at email@example.com
Apply By Date: 31/07/2022