As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Summerland Baptist Church
Job Description: More information on website.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic youth pastor with a love for Christ and a passion for youth. You will work with high school and middle school youth from both the church and community, so you must have the ability to coordinate multiple programs, events, and teams simultaneously. You will need to be responsible and dependable, a great communicator, good listener, be creative, and adaptable. We anticipate that you will have spiritual gifts and/or skills in the following areas: Teaching, Leadership, and Encouragement.
The Youth Pastor’s role is focused on invitation, it is the posture of their work, the design of all their programs and events, and the desired culture of our community. We want everything we do to be an invitation into the life Jesus provides.
To build a culture of discipleship that empowers and engages youth:
- Empowers youth to experience who God is and develop discernment.
- Engages youth in opportunities to experience abiding in Christ, community building, and creating peace in the world.
- Able to connect with both middle and high school youth.
- Good program coordinator and administrator.
- Able to build connections with the Summerland community.
- Great communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn and grow.
- Natural recruiter and organizer.
- Proficient with online tools like Canva, Slack, Google Drive.
- Related post secondary education.
- Experience working with youth.
- Good collaborator.
- Have or working towards a post-secondary education in youth ministry or related field.
- Support Baptist policy and theology.
The Youth Pastor is directly accountable to the Lead Ministry Pastor who oversees the fulfillment of their job description and leads annual performance reviews. The Youth Pastor works in collaboration with all SBC staff but three partnerships in particular are key to the success of this role:
- Youth Assistant
– Part-time support in planning, admin, program.
- Children & Families Ministry Department
– Oversee discipleship of children pre-school to grade 5 and their families.
- Youth Ministry Team
– A team of volunteers providing support in developing vision, planning, and program.
As part of our Family Ministries team, you will direct the development and growth of programs for middle school and high school youth. We recognize that students are at different places in their faith journeys, so programs must address a diversity of needs. You will:
- Direct mission/outreach, service and fun events for youth.
- Disciple youth towards life-changing growth.
- Recruit, equip, support and lead volunteers.
To work and live honorably within a team committed to being a mutually transforming community that is transparent in struggle and responds with love.
How to Apply
Electronic submission of applications including a resume, letters of professional and personal reference, and other supporting documents should be sent to:
Lee Young – Lead Ministry Pastor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: September 30, 2022.