As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Director of Gift Planning and Investments
Christian School Foundation
Job Description: Job Opportunity Profile PDF
Director of Gift Planning and Investments – Christian School Foundation
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Christian School Foundation.
Are you looking for a meaningful role in a growing, vibrant organization? The Christian School Foundation is seeking a Director of Gift Planning and Investments who can lead their Investment Team, provide financial guidance for schools, and support donors as they achieve their philanthropic priorities. The Foundation has a culture of integrity and professionalism, while also being nimble in how it responds to our donors and schools. They are a small team, so the ability to work well together and innovate as they fulfill their mission is crucial. If you are an analytically strong, detail-oriented leader with good relationship building skills, we would love to hear from you.
THE JOB POSITION SUMMARY
The Director of Gift Planning and Investments will play a key role in shaping the future of the Foundation, leading it to achieve its mission and strategic goals. Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Gift Planning and Investments will lead, direct and manage the staff and volunteers in the areas of operations linked to finance. The Director will do so in a way that fosters the values of the Foundation and nurtures a positive culture.
- A Certified Financial Planner designation (or similar) is an asset.
- The ideal candidate has experience in gift planning, investment management or Christian education leadership.
- An open and inviting personality, and sufficient patience to repeat things many times in dealing with staff and volunteers at our member schools.
- A high sense of integrity that causes one to prefer gaining clarity from CRA before a decision is made, rather than being found offside later.
- An ability to exude confidence with our schools and donors as they guide the processing of less-traditional gifts (e.g. gifts of appreciated securities).
- Strong communication skills, particularly in one-on-one and small group situations, but ideally also in large group settings.
- At ease working in a culture that sees the Foundation as the servant of both Christian schools and donors.
- Values the gifts of teammates and a tolerance for their areas of weakness.
- Innovative in creating whole new approaches to challenges that arise.
- A positive mindset and motivated attitude, with a desire to influence our culture in the name of Christ.
- Good organization and relationship building skills.
- A high attention to detail and a passion for excellence.
Location: Flexible (preference for Hamilton, ON)
Application Deadline: May 30, 2022
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.
Apply By Date: 30/05/2022