As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Youth for Christ Canada
Langley, BC or Remote
The Benefits and Payroll Administrator is responsible to manage the YFC Canada Group Benefits and Group Retirement programs for staff across Canada. This role also processes payroll and communicates with the payroll management provider.
This position is part-time (24 hours/week) and reports to the Accounting Manager.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Is a faithful and a contributing member of a local church.
- Prays for and with the YFC Canada Team.
- Spends time in spiritual reflection and development.
- Takes bi-annual spiritual retreat at Honeymoon Bay Retreat Centre.
- Completion of the YFC Canada Credentialing process within 2 years of start date.
- Attends YFC Regional and National conferences and meetings when possible.
- Attends relevant training and enrichment courses as needed. (CPM certification requires 21 hours of CPE annually.)
- To champion, promote and administer the Group Benefits, Group Retirement, and Shalem CAP national benefits programs to staff and chapters through exceptional customer service.
- Be available upon request to attend Chapter meetings to present and promote the benefit programs offered through Youth for Christ Canada.
- Communicate plan information to chapters with intent to promote the plans and to provide timely updates on changes to the services available to plan members.
- Coordinate renewals and plan changes with broker and policy holders as needed.
- Coordinate new CAP program with chapters and Shalem; provide program information; promote plan; annually coordinate adds/changes for new year.
- Process new enrolments, additions, changes, and terminations.
- Research answers to staff questions, concerns and problem solve any benefit issues that might arise.
- Respond to chapter inquiries in a timely manner.
- Create a Benefits Information Package and introduction.
- Use Humi for Manulife enrolment and change forms.
- Communicate payroll changes to the payroll management provider (Humi) for Youth for Christ Canada and Honeymoon Bay and applicable YFC chapters.
- Maintains payroll data in Humi including but not limited to updating benefits deductions.
- Annually coordinate the Clergy Residence Deduction form (T1223) processing.
- Monthly journal entry summaries for YFC Canada and Honeymoon Bay.
- Prepares the payroll batch and supporting information for each payroll cycle.
- Participate in the annual audit process as it relates to payroll and benefits.
- Complete other assigned duties as required and as time permits.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, along with monthly National Staff meetings.
- Build a base of prayer partners and keep them updated through regular communications and prayer requests. Encourage prayer partners to pray and financially support Youth for Christ Canada.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional organizational skills, strengthened through payroll work experience, and exhibits a passion for seeing Canada’s youth become lifelong followers of Jesus.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- A vibrant, mission-minded faith
- Payroll and Benefits experience, knowledge, and skills (ideally CPM certified)
- Team player
- Humble, hungry, smart
- Attention to detail
- Customer service focus
- Innovative, problem-solving skills
- Passionate about participating in the bigger vision of the organization
- Called to the mission
Apply By Date: 31/05/2022