As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Northgate Baptist Church
Job Description: Job Posting PDF
Northgate Baptist Church is looking for an individual who loves running live sound, enjoys the technical details of PTZ-based live stream cameras, and has an eye and ear for creating a welcoming and friendly environment for our congregation and visitors in our church building and at home. Reporting to the Lead Pastor and participating as a member of the Audio-Visual Committee, the successful candidate will act as the technical lead for Sunday morning service(s) and occasional special events by maintaining, operating and troubleshooting our audio-visual equipment and software. A team of four people is required to run the equipment for a streaming Sunday service, so the successful candidate will also be required to work as part of a team with three volunteers each week.
Lead and coordinate the setup and takedown of live sound equipment and operate our Behringer X32 digital sound consoles for Sunday morning services, worship practices, and other special events as required
- Provide on-the-job training to A/V volunteers on Sundays, and organize any training event(s)
- Coordinate volunteer schedules with the church office, ensuring volunteers serving on multiple teams are not double-booked and serve only as frequently as they wish to
- Create and edit Proclaim services, Planning Center services, stream schedules, etc.
- Carry out scheduling and budgeting duties in line with A/V Ministry vision
- Work closely with our Trustees and ministry committees on equipment upkeep and maintenance, arranging outside advice and equipment procurement as required
There is the possibility of other technical work available at Northgate depending on the successful
candidate’s skills and experience
Personal & Spiritual
- Has a personal, active, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Agrees to the Northgate Baptist Church statement of faith and staff covenant
- Wholeheartedly supports the mission and values of Northgate Baptist Church
Required Education & Experience
- Must have audio engineering experience (job or education)
- Prior experience in live event production (church or corporate)
- Direct experience configuring, operating and troubleshooting Behringer X32 systems
- Ability to learn new skills
- Ability to work as part of a team with staff and volunteers, both adult and youth
Preferred Education & Experience
- Diploma in live sound production, or degree in Worship Arts with an audio-visual focus
- Experience setting up and running Proclaim presentations and live stream events on various platforms (YouTube, Vimeo, Church.Online, etc.)
- Planning and volunteer scheduling using Planning Center Online
- Familiarity with Blackmagic Design ATEM production switchers
- Understanding of controlling and programming SDI PTZ cameras
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office365 suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher)
- Video editing experience using DaVinci Resolve or Premiere Pro on Windows
Hours & Compensation
Temporary: 6 to 12 months, with the possibility of extension
Part-Time: 18 to 24 hours per week
$18 - $24 per hour
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com, attention A/V Ministry, along with a cover letter explaining why you believe you are a good fit for this position. We appreciate your interest, but please note that we will only be contacting successful applicants.
About Northgate Baptist Church
Located on the north side of Edmonton, the community of Northgate Baptist Church exists to bring all people into a reconciled relationship with God, themselves, others, and the world. Our three priorities are Spiritual Maturity, Authentic Community, and Missional Living. We desire to be a church that does God’s work to accomplish His will on earth.
Apply By Date: 31/05/2022