As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Adults
Parliament Community Church
Job Description: Job Opportunity Profile PDF
Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Adults Opportunity
Parliament Community Church is seeking a full time Associate Pastor to minister to our
congregation with a major focus on Youth and Young Adults.
Parliament Community Church is located in southwest Regina. Our diverse community church is made up of individuals of all ages, cultures and backgrounds who strive to grow as disciples and to live out their faith in daily life. Approximately 200 people attend church each Sunday morning. Our staff team consists of a lead pastor (1.0 FTE), Associate Pastor of Discipleship (0.25 FTE), a children’s ministry director (0.5 FTE) and an Administrative Assistant (0.75 FTE). Along with hiring an Associate Pastor for Youth and Young Adults, we are also hiring an Associate Pastor of Community Care (.5 FTE).
We are affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren of Canada. We are evangelical in the sense that we root ourselves in the teaching of the gospels, and we are more specifically described as being Anabaptist – meaning we practice believers’ baptism, value nonresistance, and hold to the separation of church and state.
Position Title: Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Adults
Hours: 40 hours per week (Fulltime position)
Responsible to: the Lead Pastor
Jr. High (grades 6-8) / High School (grades 9-12) – 80%
- Plan, organize and oversee regular and special events for Jr. High and High School to facilitate connection and spiritual growth opportunities;
- Recruit, train, support and organize youth, adult leaders and volunteers in sufficient numbers to meet the goals of the ministry;
- Provide spiritual leadership, direction and administrative support to youth ministry;
- Provide pastoral care to the youth, families and leaders involved in youth ministry;
- Ensure consistent and effective communication using all media and formats available;
- Ensure that all safety policies related to youth and young adults are adhered to, as they relate to ministry activities, programs and volunteers; and,
- Work with the Associate Pastor of Discipleship to implement our Discipleship strategy within the youth ministry.
Young Adults (ages 18-28) - 10%
- Help and support the Young Adult Leadership team to effectively communicate and minister to those in the young adult age category so they are able to Gather, Grow, and Go;
- Provide pastoral care to the young adults and leaders involved in the Young Adult ministry; and,
- Work with the Associate Pastor of Discipleship to implement our Discipleship strategy within the Young Adults ministry.
General Pastoral Responsibilities: - 10%
- Regular ministry reporting and communication as requested by the Lead Pastor;
- Yearly budgeting and ministry planning;
- Regular participation in staff meetings;
- Other roles and responsibilities as assigned or required by the lead pastor; and
- Participate in denominational life and activities.
- Lives a God centered life with a testimony of faith;
- Ideally holds, or is currently working on, a University / Bible College / Seminary degree or its equivalent in theological studies and/or youth ministry;
- Has experience in youth ministry or related area;
- Has a current class 5 driver’s license; and
- Can provide a current criminal record check.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Mike Engbers, Lead Pastor
Beth Hintz, Search Committee Chair
Parliament Community Church 4011 Pasqua Street Regina, SK. S4S 6C8
The deadline for submission of applications is January 31, 2022. Only those selected will be contacted.
Apply By Date: 31/01/2022