As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Congregational Care Associate
Zion Baptist Community Church
Job Description: Job Posting PDF
Status: Part-Time (.6) Permanent Position
Zion Baptist Community Church exists to honour God in obedience to His Word by building a worshipping, nurturing, ministering community which reveals the love and hope of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in every community that He’s placed us. We are pursuing a vision of becoming a church which fosters intergenerational unity as we help those at every stage of discipleship to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Congregational Care Associate will partner with the pastors, staff, and the Ministry Council of ZBCC to provide meaningful care, marked by personal discipleship, for congregants.
- Work with other leaders to provide personal spiritual care to individuals and families in the congregation, with a particular focus on visitation of Senior members especially as needs arise.
- Chair a “Care Team”, which may include the Senior Pastor and representatives from various ministries including Member Care, Children, Youth, Seniors, etc. to understand needs, steward resources and coordinate together.
- Participate in other ministry opportunities (e.g. funerals, classes, etc.) in cooperation with ministry leaders as needed and when deemed reasonable in consultation with supervisor.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings of church (office) staff.
- Attend worship gatherings and participate as necessary.
- Attend conferences/programs relevant to position. Continuing education is encouraged.
- Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor, to whom they are directly responsible, to discuss ministry status as well as personal spiritual health.
- Report to the Ministry Council as requested.
- In general, those listed in the Scripture concerning deacons (e.g. I Timothy 3:8-13), characterizing a vibrant life with Christ.
- Able and willing to affirm ZBCC’s Statement of Beliefs (https://zbcc.churchcenter.com/pages/what-we-believe) and Membership Covenant (https://zbcc.churchcenter.com/pages/zbcc-members-covenant).
- Education: Bible/Theological Certificate or Degree is an asset.
- Experience: Relevant experience in a church or other Christian ministries.
Terms of Employment:
- Part-time salaried position (.6 = avg. 24 hrs/wk), paid commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send resume (with references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply By: 28/02/2022
Address: 9802 - 76 Ave NW