As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Youth & Young Adults' Pastor
Trinity Baptist Church
Sherwood Park, AB
Trinity Baptist Church
Youth and Young Adult Pastor Opportunity
Trinity Baptist Church is looking for a full time Youth and Young Adults’ Pastor to join our community and have an impact on our young people. Located in Strathcona County, Alberta, Trinity Baptist Church is nestled in the heart of Sherwood Park, a family focused community just east of Edmonton. The county has a population of 98,000, including the surrounding rural area, and is growing each year. Strathcona County includes ten public secondary schools. More information can be found at strathcona.ca.
We are a passionate, faith-filled, family-orientated community that enjoys serving and helping each other grow in faith. Trinity was established 44 years ago and currently has an average attendance of 250, including in-person and online. We have navigated COVID by adjusting in many different ways to stay connected as a community. Our youth group has continued to meet throughout COVID with approximately 40 youth combined between junior and senior high. We have a young adults’ group in the beginning stages of being formed with many young adults in the church. In addition to the Youth and Young Adults’ pastor position, Trinity’s pastoral team is made up of a lead pastor, a Children and Family Ministries’ pastor, and an interim Worship director. Trinity is affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada. Please visit www.tbcsherwoodpark.ca for more information.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
We are seeking a biblically grounded, spiritually-vibrant pastor who has a passion to impart the Christian faith to the next generation. They will provide leadership for our growing, and vibrant, youth ministry, Grades 7 to 12, as well as our young adults’ ministry. This position includes working with a wide range of groups including parents, leaders, staff, and those in the community. It involves the practical and spiritual aspects of youth ministry, as well as other church leadership responsibilities depending on giftedness.
- Have a Christ centered life with a passion to mentor youth in their faith
- Plan and implement weekly youth activities and special events
- Mentor, train, and disciple youth leaders and volunteers
- Develop (or resource) and teach bible-based curriculum
- Cultivate caring relationships with youth, leaders, and parents
- Oversee Youth and Young Adults’ Ministries, being intentional in the program as well as the teaching
- Coordinate outreach to youth in Strathcona County
- Work together with leadership toward a common vision for the church
- Collaborate with the Children and Family Ministries’ pastor to common goals
- Fulfill general pastoral responsibilities as required
- Must be eligible for church membership
Our desired candidate will have a calling to long-term youth ministry and will demonstrate integrity and a strong Christian character. Diverse relational skills are a must, along with an ability to inspire and lead others.
- Have a love for Christ and a love for youth and young adults
- Have post-secondary education, preferably Bible College (B.A., B.R.E., M.Div.) or equivalent ministry experience
- Previous ministry experience is required
- Be an effective teacher, planner, and encourager
- Have a self-initiating, energetic, and visionary mentality, with strong leadership and relational skills
- Align with Trinity Baptist’s ministry direction, culture, and theological position
- Be prepared to proceed toward appropriate credentialing with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada (CBWC)
- Meet all safety requirements as required by Trinity Baptist Church, including a valid driver’s license and transportation
- Have computer and social media skills
Please forward a complete resume, cover letter, Ministry Information Profile (available at https://cbwc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/MIP-2020-1.pdf), and the names of three references to:
Jeff Gullacher, Lead Pastor
Calvin Haws, Search Committee Chair
Trinity Baptist Church, 22550 Twp. Rd. 530, Sherwood Park, AB T8A 4T7
The deadline for submission of applications is December 10th, 2021 (or until filled). Interviews will likely be held in early 2022. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Trinity Baptist Church does not differentiate between candidates on the basis of gender, race, age, or marital status.
Address: 22550 Township Road 530
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 4T7