As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Outreach Worker at Brightwood Ranch
West of Edmonton, AB
Job Description: Job Posting PDF
Hours of work:
· 40 hours/week, shifts to be confirmed (TBC)
· Staff must be available to work evenings and weekends
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who come to our doors
would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.
This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff are diligent in serving, strengthening
and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
This role will cover a variety of responsibilities and requires high flexibility and excitement for running programs for campers as well as supporting with our food hamper program. During the summer months this role will shift in to a key leadership position as part of our summer programming. During the off season this role will support the Brightwood team with outreach to children, youth, and families who live near Brightwood Ranch through food hamper deliveries, maintaining a social media presence, supporting with administrative and planning tasks, and other tasks as needed.
- Plan summer programming in coordination with the Brightwood team.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the facility through regular cleaning of the offices, cabins, washrooms, and café.
- Call families about upcoming food hamper deliveries. Pick up food and deliver as needed.
- Support with developing relationships with local schools and churches.
- Host groups/guests during the off season
- Assist with summer team recruitment.
- Monitor Brightwood’s Instagram account and create content to stay connected with former campers and staff.
- During the summer camp season, support staff by providing mentorship, encouragement, and task delegation. Oversee programming or administration needs (to be determined).
- Other tasks as needed.
- Passion for supporting vulnerable children, youth, and families.
- Communication: Have excellent communication and organization skills
- Creativity: Brainstorm creative approaches to outreach during a pandemic!
- Faithful, Available, and Teachable: Serve with faithfulness and excellence. Be consistent in work and willing to grow in character and skill. Be willing and ready to serve, strengthen, and uplift people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Conflict resolution and verbal de-escalation skills
- Degree in Youth Work, Child & Youth Care, or related education/experience an asset
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs, run and play active sports and games with campers
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Standard First Aid certification is an asset
- Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith (http://hopemission.com/about-us/values)
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Able to provide Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and a Child Intervention Record Check
- A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
- To support our staff and the vulnerable population we serve, we require new hires to have at least one dose of the COVID 19 vaccination.
- Adherence to Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter indicating why you want to work for a Christian ministry (in 1 document). Please provide 3 references (pastor, teacher/employer, mentor)
Questions? Email email@example.com