As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Crosswinds - Caribbean Mountain Academy
Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic
Job Description: Tenets of Our Culture PDF
We are looking for strong followers of Jesus Christ who want to make a difference in the lives of struggling teens.
Located in the Dominican Republic, Caribbean Mountain Academy exists to bring lasting hope to families in crisis. CMA allows struggling youth to step away for a time in order to find fresh perspective. The youth experience a new culture, serve in the surrounding impoverished communities, and enjoy beautiful waterfalls, beaches, and mountains. CMA staff support them throughout these new experiences, modeling the love of Christ and showering the students in love and prayer. All the while the students and their families are working on their relationships through counseling.
Check out this video for more information and prayerfully consider joining the team!
*Please note that positions at CMA are support based, missionary positions in order to keep tuition more affordable for families.
- A counselor at CMA will provide therapeutic services for Crosswinds Caribbean
Mountain Academy residential program while demonstrating a consistent pursuit of
their own relationship with the Lord.
- Some of the responsibilities of a counselor include the following:
- Provide structured, goal-oriented, time-limited therapy with individuals and their
- Engage and assist the family’s participation in the treatment planning process.
- Facilitate competent counseling services from a faith-based perspective.
- Weekly visits with clients and their families via phone, Zoom, and in person
- Provide emergency and crisis consultation on a 24-hour basis.
- Completion of clear, accurate documentation of 1) all contacts with clients, 2) monthly
- reports, 3) treatment plans, and 4) court reports (as needed).
- Complete all clinical and agency paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrate respect as well as religious and cultural sensitivity to all clients and to all
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times to protect clients’ privacy.
- Comply with required in-service / continuing education hours as outlined in policy
- Attain/maintain CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Engage in weekly staffing and address risk management areas to ensure safety.
- Ensure that services are provided Effectively, Efficiently, and with Evidence for each
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or marriage and family
- Be a licensed clinical or be pursuing a professional license (LMHC, LMFT, LCSW).
- Belief in the family preservation philosophy.
- Understanding of integrating the Christian faith in counseling of clients.
- Knowledge of family of origin / inter-generational issues.
- Knowledge of child and adult development and child abuse and neglect.
- Knowledge of community resources.
Apply By Date: 27/02/2022