As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Crosswinds - Caribbean Mountain Academy
Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic
Job Description: Tenets of Culture PDF
We are looking for strong followers of Jesus Christ who want to make a difference in the lives of struggling teens.
Located in the Dominican Republic, Caribbean Mountain Academy exists to bring lasting hope to families in crisis. CMA allows struggling youth to step away for a time in order to find fresh perspective. The youth experience a new culture, serve in the surrounding impoverished communities, and enjoy beautiful waterfalls, beaches, and mountains. CMA staff support them throughout these new experiences, modeling the love of Christ and showering the students in love and prayer, especially youth coaches.
Check out this video for more information and prayerfully consider joining the team!
*Please note that positions at CMA are support based, missionary positions in order to keep tuition more affordable for families.
A Youth Coach builds relationships with teens. They also provide direct care in a manner consistent with each teen’s individual treatment plans, and Crosswinds’ guidelines, practices, and policies.
- To oversee and be involved with the youth during any and all activities, including but
not limited to; in-house activities, beach excursions, rain forest hiking, community
service, and social events.
- To work with the house coordinator and counselor to identify issues the youth is -
the treatment plan.
- To serve as a mentor to each youth.
- To maintain order, intervene in crisis situations, and administer proper, fair and
constructive discipline consistent with Crosswinds’ policies.
- To be aware of and carry out Crosswinds’ guidelines and practices as defined in
Crosswinds’ procedural manual.
- To model and teach the balanced life concept in all interactions with youth.
- To be a positive role model to the residents by demonstrating high moral and ethical
- To be active in discipleship interaction with youth and staff.
- To participate in orientations and trainings.
- To attend all regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Personal relationship with Christ
- References attesting to lifestyle consistent with Christian faith
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass all background checks
- Exceptional people skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Bachelors degree or vocational equivalent
- Prior experience serving at-risk youth
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- Participation on mission trips
Apply By Date: 30/12/2021