As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Young Adults Pastor
Beulah Alliance Church
Job Description: Job Ad PDF
Full time permanent @ 40hrs/wk in Edmonton, AB
This position is responsible for the overall visioning, leading, and execution of a dynamic, Christ-centered ministry to the Young Adult population of Edmonton.
In this role you will:
- Serve as primary visionary, spiritual leader and shaper for Young Adult ministries. Special focus on cultivating fluency in gospel and biblical literacy.
- Serve as primary pastoral and ministry contact for Young Adults by living relationally with Young Adult community, engaging through social media, written correspondence and/or video.
- Lead ministry of disciple-makers through Discipleship and Leadership Pathways.
- Plan and execute engaging events allowing Young Adults to take first and next steps.
- Responsible for Young Adult group life development as it fits into Beulah’s disciple-making strategy.
- Recruit, empower, and release effective team of leaders who are passionate about reaching Young Adults, seeing them grow as maturing disciples of Jesus, reaching their friends and communities.
- Work and lead effectively with other departments and campuses to further Young Adults ministry.
- Work in partnership to see growing influence of leadership impact by Young Adults in Beulah.
- Serve on Community & Care Team, collaborate on disciple-making and Group life initiatives. Help shape disciple-making culture across organization and development of Discipleship Pathway.
- Work with NextGen and Adult Group initiatives to see Young Adults integrate into wider life of church. Including intergenerational ministry and groups.
- Onramp high school students and Young Adults into leadership pathways and school of ministry.
- Partner with Youth Ministry to support and build effective bridges for youth to integrate into Beulah’s Young Adult ministry, ensure ongoing development of Young Adults and leaders.
- Equip, train and provide spiritual direction for lay people within ministry area.
- Provide Pastor on Duty support. Including counseling, spiritual direction and assessing immediate needs.
What you’ll need to thrive in this role:
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ, guided by a commitment to following the principles spelled out in the Bible for living a life of thankful service to God.
- Deep love for people, passion for leading them to faith, equipping them with disciple-making tools.
- Highly relational and able to coach leaders in an Eph. 4:12 ministry environment.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of Biblical principles.
- Strong self-awareness and proven relational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated person with a healthy amount of drive.
- Humility and transparency that shows ability to work collaboratively by empowering others.
- Eligible for licensing with the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination in Canada.
- Proven track record of being a self-starter, entrepreneur, and goal-oriented worker.
- Proven problem solving experience and collaborative leadership in a fast-paced innovative environment.
- Team player and builder who can inspire others to work together to achieve organizational excellence.
- Strong communicator (in person, written, and video) who listens well.
- Demonstrated growth in leading effective ministry, preferably within a large church context.
- Preference for an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with theological training.
Desired Start Date:
As soon as possible. Specific date to be determined with the successful candidate.
Think you’re a great fit for this job? If you believe that God may be calling you to this position please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please