As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Job Description: Opportunity Profile PDF
Executive Director – Grace Village
An executive search conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Grace Village.
Grace Village is a 120-room senior’s residence located in Sherbrooke, QC. Grace Village has been committed to providing a full continuum of care in a supportive living environment where seniors can maintain a sense of independence and fulfillment. Faithful to the spirit and mission of our founders, Grace Village’s values and traditions serve to ensure that all residents benefit from the respect and compassion inherent in the Christian faith.
The Executive Director will be empowered to take Grace Village to the next level. We are looking for an Executive Director who is up for a challenge, wants to be part of a dynamic team, and is gifted in building internal and external connections, is community minded and actively contributes to fundraising.
To learn more please visit www.gracevillage.com.
THE ROLE DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) provides leadership to the organization in strategy, operational performance, revenue development and team leadership. This position requires management expertise, strategic planning abilities and excellent interpersonal skills. In fulfilling Grace Village's mandate, the ED directs the Leadership Team to ensure that resident care objectives are achieved in a manner consistent with Grace Village's mission, vision, and values which reflect our rich Christian heritage.
The Executive Director develops strategic partnerships with public and private sector organizations to continuously enhance the impact of Grace Village programs and services. In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director ensures that the appropriate policies, procedures, systems, and other infrastructure are in place to sustain a disciplined, resident-focused, results-based organization.
- Financial management and budget development skills.
- Ability to help others communicate effectively, ensuring that communication occurs across all organizational levels.
- Proven ability to promote a person-centered care philosophy.
- Advanced knowledge of continuous quality improvement to be able to achieve positive outcomes for improved quality of resident care and life.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills to support a management team.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically with MS Office Suite; accounting software (an asset).
- Bilingual communication skills in English and French. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing at a senior management level.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Resourceful and flexible to meet the needs of the organization and the demands of the position.
- Ability to promote and foster effective teamwork and establish an environment of excellence.
- Ability to model the organization’s vision and values, living out the Christian faith (Agreement with Statement of Faith).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in health administration, business administration, finance, or other related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years' senior-level managerial experience; preferably in long term care.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage and manage a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge and experience in long-term care management is an asset.
- Experience managing and leading change.
Application Deadline: November 5, 2021
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, visit website
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sector. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.