As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
First Steps Ministry Coordinator
Beulah Alliance Church
Job Posting: Job Ad PDF
First Steps Ministry Coordinator
1 Year Term @ 20hrs/wk in Edmonton, AB
This position is responsible to implement programs and systems to serve as the first connection for those who have made a decision to follow Jesus. Responsible to train and equip our congregation towards sharing their faith.
In this role you will:
- Oversee programs and systems supporting the first connection of people who have made a commitment to follow Jesus. These will be online and in person, across departments and working with the Connection and Impact team.
- Using existing research, complete a 4-week conversation guide for campuses and leaders to help as they disciple new believers.
- Recruit, lead and equip a team of volunteers who mentor new believers.
- Oversee invitational evangelism events such as men’s and women’s breakfast, family day activities, etc.
- Create online evangelism training using ministry grid to equip and release Beulah congregants towards an invitational lifestyle, mentoring new believers and discipling new believers.
- Coordinate and connect with Campus representatives to oversee Baptisms ministry across campuses.
- Recruit and mobilize leaders and volunteers for the effective execution of ministry area.
- Sit as a member on the Connection and Impact team to support first and next steps within the congregation.
- Other assignments as mutually agreed upon.
What you’ll need to thrive in this role:
- An understanding of church ministry and a passion for making disciples who are on-mission.
- Spiritual gift of evangelism.
- Highly relational and able to coach in an Ephesians 4:12 ministry environment. Gifted to develop, coach, and mentor leaders.
- Proven track record of recruiting, equipping, mobilizing and coaching volunteers.
- Strong communicator who is comfortable as a public speaker in small, mid-size group or seminar setting.
- Team player and team builder who is able to work within the system. Ability to work in a large, multi-staff setting. Organized.
- Excellent computer skills including demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
- Willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Demonstrated assertiveness and ability to develop and implement projects.
- Primary spiritual gift: evangelism
Desired Start Date:
As soon as possible. Specific date to be determined with the successful candidate.
Think you’re a great fit for this job? If you believe that God may be calling you to this position please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.