As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Taber Evangelical Free Church
Summary of Position
The focus of this full-time pastoral position is the oversight and shepherding of youth at Taber Evangelical Free Church (TEFC). The basic foundation of the position is to fulfill the church's mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ.
The candidate must be a disciple of Jesus Christ; trusting in Christ for the forgiveness of sins, having undergone believer's baptism, and bearing fruit by keeping in step with the Holy Spirit.
The candidate must articulate and describe their calling into ministry and how they have seen God verify this calling in their lives.
Candidates must possess a ministry relevant undergraduate degree or be in their final year of study. Additionally, the candidate would be expected to pursue credentialing and ordination with the Evangelical Free Church of Canada
The candidate should have a grounded understanding of the Church's responsibility to communicate the gospel and make disciples of Christ. The candidate should be able to express how the Holy Spirit has gifted them for ministry. The candidate should also be able to describe their philosophy of ministry; specifically ministry that serves youth and families. The candidate should ideally have experience serving in a church ministry setting (3+ years of regular service in the ministry), however, applicants with less experience are welcome to apply.
The Pastor's primary ministry will be with youth at TEFC; ministering to youth (Grade 6-12), the parents of youth, and developing leaders who will assist in making
Ministry to Youth - 75%
- Oversee weekly youth ministry
- Shepherd/care for youth and their families through regular instruction and counsel to help youth and parents live as faithful disciples of Christ
- Foster an attitude of hospitality and outreach towards the youth in Taber
- Evaluate and further develop the current ministry to youth to continue fulfilling TEFC's purpose, mission, vision, and values
- Recruitment, equipping, training, and encouragement of youth ministry leadership team
- Develop budget relating to ministry to youth
Pastoral Ministry - 25%
- Participate in staff and church leadership meetings
- Preach as needed, determined by the Lead Pastor
- Be available for visitation, hospital visits, funerals, and weddings
- Explore and express other gifting and interests that compliments and aligns with the purpose, mission, vision, and values of TEFC
- Fulfill other responsibilities as needed
- Continue developing as a lifelong learner with the latitude to pursue continuing education or training
If you feel led by the Spirit to apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com before November 1, 2021.