As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Su Casa Design
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you as the Controller will be responsible for providing financial management and operational support for three business units (Su Casa Design, Booster Juice And Devout Developments). As a member of the senior management team, you will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and future development initiatives. In a collaborative leadership style, you will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined financial systems, including accounting, legal, and information technology. You will define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth over the next 5 to 10 years.
- As a key member of the senior management team, assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and long-term strategy.
- Advise on the financial, budgeting, and administrative processes with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
- Advise on financial issues, trends & changes in the operating models and operational delivery.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and attaining organizational goals.
- Collaboratively select/engage outside consultants (accountants, lawyers, advisors, etc.).
- Lead information technology plan for the future, and implement it successfully to meet future IT needs (hardware and software) as the organization grows.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); quarterly cash flow forecast.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements.
- Review and approve preparation and finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for the Key Performance Indicators.
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (i.e. opening new operations, asset acquisition, new service launches, diversification).
- Develop and maintain capital budgets.
- Explore Government Grants.
- Participate in calls with banks, lenders, and stakeholders.
- Oversee cash, timely accounts receivable collections, investment, and asset management.
- Oversee financial strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analysis to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new sites.
- Hire and retain support staff as needed in the future.
Policy & Stakeholder Relations
- Participate in the development of corporate policies and protocols.
- Develop, inform, educate and execute the investment policy upon approval from the CEO.
- Represent the organization to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, stakeholders, external accountants, consultants, CRA, public officials, etc.
- Oversee accounting team to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise finance staff.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial reports.
- Coordinate all accounting activities and proper filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarterly and year-end financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Ensure cross-training across the accounting team.
- Represent the organization in efforts with bankers and lenders.
- Prepare various analysis and reports required for future development projects and acquisitions.
Insurance, Real Estate & Legal Affairs
- Collaboratively manage the organization’s insurance program.
- Collaboratively manage real estate affairs, consisting of leases and sub-leases, negotiate new leases or lease renewal.
- Collaboratively manage legal issues in the areas of claims, and other financial matters.
- Chartered Professional Accountant Preferred or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or MBA.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Ideally 7 or more years of experience in business accounting, especially in a supervisory role.
- Experience should include legal, accounting, compliance, budget, and resource development.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the organization’s core values.
- Fluency in English is required – both written and spoken.
- A criminal records check will be required for the successful candidate.
Apply By Date: 22/10/2021