As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Volunteer & Administration Facilitator
Title: Volunteer & Administration Facilitator
Reports to: The Volunteer & Administration Facilitator is accountable to the Program Manager of Hope Mission Calgary,
Based at: Hope Mission Calgary
Hours of work: 10am to 6pm, Monday-Friday. As we provide programming and services in the after-school hours, all staff must be available to work evenings and Saturdays for special events as needed. Must also be available to serve at our summer camp, Camp Hope, as needed.
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who come to our doors would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff are diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Hope Mission Calgary provides after school programs, meals, and care to children and families in Calgary. The Volunteer & Administration Facilitator supports the Program Manager and team to provide caring volunteers to help prepare meals in the kitchen, support afterschool programs for children and youth, and for groups of volunteers to perform service projects and days of caring. The facilitator will also support the Administration Supervisor with phone, reception, and administrative duties. The facilitator will also oversee the sorting and processing of all in kind donations that come to the Hub (clothes, program supplies, etc).
- Administration & Organizational Gifts: Excellent organizational and people skills.
- Communication: Excellent communication and organization skills. Gifted in public speaking.
- Team Work: Attend staff meetings and functions. Serve, strengthen, and uplift other team members.
- Faithful, Available, and Teachable: Serve with faithfulness and excellence. Be consistent in work and willing to grow in character and skill. Be willing and ready to serve, strengthen, and uplift people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Volunteer Screening, Training, Scheduling, & Support: Process new volunteer applications. Schedule volunteers for kitchen and program shifts as well as special events. Ensure volunteers have gone through appropriate screening steps before volunteering with children and youth. Coordinate volunteer training and orientation in collaboration with the Program Manager. Provide volunteers with a role description and necessary training for working with vulnerable children, youth, and families. Provide ongoing support and check-ins to active volunteers.
- Database Management: Maintain volunteer records in the Volgistics database and through secure paper files.
- Communication: Provide ongoing communication between Hope Mission staff, volunteers, and the Program Manager. Actively communicate volunteer needs through recruitment networks.
- Community Relations: Be one of the first points of contact for inquiries about Hope Mission Calgary.
- Reception: Answer the phones and manage the front desk with a warm and friendly presence while providing accurate information to inquiries. Coordinate internal and external resource referral information for people who come through Hope Mission’s doors. Be ready and willing to lend a listening ear and direct people to appropriate services.
- Donation Receiving: Coordinate in-person donation drop off requests, as well as receive mail in donations. Process all monetary donations and send to Edmonton Business office.
- Administrative Support: Assist the Administration Supervisor with office tasks as needed.
- Coordination: Plan special events and meals in collaboration with the Program Manager.
- Outreach Ministry: Support the ministry team as they run programs to children and families. Develop relationships with the children and families who come to Hope Mission programs. Be available to join in program on occasion when there are staff away.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Ministry Experience: Relevant experience in ministry involving administration & coordination of volunteers, leadership, children, youth, and outreach.
- Administrative Experience: Training or experience in managing volunteers. Experience with Office Programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Media).
- Self-Starter, Team Player, Multi-tasking, Flexible: Able to manage competing priorities and multiple activities, events, and situations. Works well under pressure and requires minimal supervision.
- Education: Completion of high school. Degree in Ministry an asset.
- Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Able to provide Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and a Child Intervention Record Check
- A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
- Adherence to Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures
Preventative Programs Manager