As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Congregational Life Pastor
McKernan Baptist Church
Job Description: Job Posting PDF
Under the supervision of the Congregational Life (CL) Pastor, this .6 pastoral role will assist in providing compassionate leadership, direction and expertise in Congregational Life. They are to be responsive to the need for appropriate spiritual/emotional care and ensure it is provided with sensitivity, openness and respect. She/He will be a representative on the pastoral team for the ministries described below.
Specific List of Responsibilities
- Along with the CL pastor and other staff the CL pastor (.6) will identify and engage congregants in pastoral care and support.
- The CL Pastor (.6) Will assume primary responsibilities for the Women’s Ministry, including developing a yearly strategic work plan, supporting Women’s ministry activities; regular meetings with Women’s Ministry Leadership Team; acting as liaison between this ministry and other ministry activities.
- Along with the CL pastor, the CL Pastor (.6) will connect with newcomers through coordination and development of initiatives such as: Fall Kickoff, Newcomers Lunch, visitor follow up.
- The CL pastor (.6) will facilitate support of individuals, couples in coordination of weddings to be held at MBC (i.e., weddings, premarital counselling, coordination with outside clergy connecting with Hospitality Coordinator).
- The CL Pastor (.6) will oversee the Healing Prayer Ministry.
- The CL Pastor (.6) will regularly attend and be involved in MBC Sunday services, making themselves available prior to and/or between services. Details to be discussed depending on schedule.
- The CL Pastor (.6) will attend weekly staff meetings.
- The CL Pastor (.6) will cooperate with the church leadership and Pastoral staff in promoting the entire ministry plan of MBC in keeping with the church constitution.
- Basic personal responsibilities:
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord.
- Maintain Godly priorities in your home.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Perform other duties and assignments as requested by the senior lead team pastor or designate.
- Growing, mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Access to transportation for the purpose of visitation.
- Agreement with MBC directional statements and Constitution. Compliance with the MBC Handbook.
- A Bachelor’s degree level of education (in Biblical Studies is preferred, but not required).
- Accountable to Congregational Life Pastor & Senior Lead Team Pastor.
- Accountable to McKernan Baptist Church board through senior lead team pastor for congregational direction.
Search will close when suitable candidate is found.
Send resume to Pastor Mike Bartusek, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 11103 76 Ave