As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Interim Youth & Young Adult Pastor
Westview Baptist Church
Job Description: Job Posting PDF
We are seeking an experienced Interim Youth & Young Adult Pastor, in anticipation of the maternity leave of the current pastor in the fall of 2021. This person is the spiritual shepherd to Youth (Gr. 7-12) and Young Adults (ages 18-25yrs.) in the church and in the local community. They will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of learning opportunities for the Youth and Young Adults the current pastor has established, while providing input to grow and evolve the existing programs with the vision of seamless transitions once the maternity leave is completed, with the goal of bringing them into a closer relationship with Jesus. The Interim Youth & Young Adult Pastor acts as a supportive coach and mentor to volunteers.
The Interim Youth & Young Adult Pastor works closely with the Children’s & Family Pastor to provide a transition for children into youth ministry, and to provide leadership opportunities for teens at the church. The Interim Youth & Young Adult Pastor works as part of a staff team to carry out the goals of the Church. The Interim Youth & Young Adult Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Teaching and Leading (70%)
- To lead student & young adult ministries including Junior High (Grades 7-9), and Senior High. (Grades 10-12), and the young adults’ group, approximate ages 18 to 25.
- To aid in transitioning preteens to youth ministry, in collaboration with Children & Family Ministries Pastor to oversee a twice monthly discipleship and community building evening for grade 5 & 6 students.
- To offer a youth Sunday School class for grade 7-9 students during in-person services.
- To carry out the goals of the church and pastoral duties as they relate to youth and young adults and their leaders, as well as the goals and schedule set by the current Youth & Young Adult Pastor.
- To help this demographic come to faith, be discipled, and become involved in serving.
- To coach, mentor, and train leaders.
- To maintain clear communication with parents of the younger group.
- Pastoring (20%)
- To be a spiritual shepherd to the youth, young adults, and their leaders at the church.
- To provide spiritual direction to participants as needed.
- To recommend and refer those in need of long-term counseling support to appropriate agencies.
- To contact youth & young adult visitors, newcomers, and outreach contacts.
- Administration (10%)
- To provide administrative leadership to the youth & young adult program.
- To ensure that staff and volunteers adhere to relevant church policies (e.g., Criminal Records Check).
- To oversee the Youth and Young Adult Ministries budget.
- To provide feedback and written reports as required (e.g., Annual report, Board reports).
- To meet regularly with the Lead Pastor.
- To attend and contribute at regular meetings of the pastoral and office staff.
Education and Experience
- Related Bachelors’ Degree such as Youth Ministries or Christian Education.
- At least two years of related pastoral experience including experience with youth or young adult ministries where evangelism and discipleship is promoted.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
Demonstrated Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- A fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ
- Eligibility for membership in the Church
- Passion and excitement for working with children
- Desire to love, serve and minister to/with families
- Sensitivity to others, humility, and integrity
- Comfortable working within a diverse congregation
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Well-developed organizational, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Ability to motivate/coach/mentor others
- Experience with community engagement
- Willingness to support the overall vision, mission, and values of the Church
- Successful record of commitment and follow-through in previous roles within Church
- Ability to embrace change
- Ability to be a lifelong learner
The Lead Pastor will conduct evaluations of the Youth & Young Adult Pastor twice per year, once with the Human Resources team in May and alone in November. The board (through the HR committee) will review the results achieved by the Lead Pastor. All corrective actions shall be based on the results of this performance review.
Compensation is negotiable and follows the guidelines of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada salary grid. Start date: September 20, 2021, end date: October 23, 2022.
Please send your cover letter, resume and Ministry Information Profiles (MIP) to the Church, at: email@example.com no later than September 3, 2021. MIP templates are found at www.cbwc.ca/resources/careers Contact the church if you have any questions or require more information.
Apply By Date: 03/09/2021
Address: 1313 Ranchlands Way NW