As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Tofield Alliance Church
Job Description: Job and Church Profile PDF
Associate Pastor with a focus on family ministries.
Tofield Alliance Church is seeking to hire a full-time Associate Pastor with Tofield Alliance Church is seeking to hire a full-time Associate Pastor with primary responsibilities for family ministries. The successful candidate will be part of the pastoral team that gives direction to planning and strategy for the church. Together the pastoral team will help Tofield Alliance church pursue their mission of calling people to a God-filled life.
Family Ministries (55%)
The Associate Pastor will provide guidance, structure, and leadership to family ministries in the church.
- Development and leadership of a Children’s ministry leadership team.
- Recruitment and training of volunteers for Sunday School and other family ministries.
- Administration of child protection policies.
- Projects such as family outreach events.
- Discipleship of young families.
Other Ministries (25%)
As part of a staff team in a rural corridor community, the associate pastor will pitch in where needed to both equip and assist in a variety of ministries. This could include preaching, shepherding, administration, digital ministries, communication, music and worship, or discipleship.
Other Areas (10%)
Tofield Alliance Church is part of the Alliance family in Canada, and the community of Tofield. The associate pastor will participate in our Districtand National Alliance church family, and in our local community of Tofield.
This could include:
- Participation in Community Organizations.
- Participation in the Tofield Ministerial
- Participation in District and National Alliance events, such as District Conference and General Assembly.
- Participation in peer network groups in the Western Canadian District.
- Participation in District Camping ministries
Ongoing Training (10%)
It is expected that the Associate pastor pursue ordination, or if already ordained, pursue training in areas of theology, leadership, or church practice.
- Ministry degree from an accredited Bible School or Seminary
- Accredited, or able to be accredited with the Western Canadian District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada
- Orthodox in theology and innovative in practice.
- Strong digital skills.
- A ministry heart as demonstrated in vocational and/or volunteer experience.
Effective leadership in the areas listed above can only be accomplished when the Pastor’s personal life is healthy and in balance. Therefore the candidate is expected to demonstrate a commitment to:
- A growing walk with God.
- A strong marriage relationship (if married)
- Strong family relationships.
- Ongoing learning, both formal and informal.
- Relationships with peers that foster accountability and personal growth.
- Physical health and fitness.
The community of Tofield is about 50 km Southeast of Edmonton. We seek an Associate pastor that can become part of our community, and can grow with our church family. The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Specifics regarding remuneration, hours of work, and code of conduct are set out in an employment contract, which is to be reviewed annually.
Please send resumé to Calvin Andringa firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 780 224 2762
Address: Box 1149
Tofield, Alberta. T0B 4J0