As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Rose of Sharon Baptist Church
Job Description: Job Posting PDF
Has God put a calling on your life to be a lead pastor? Do you have a heart for people of all ages? Rose of Sharon Baptist Church (ROSBC) is prayerfully seeking a Spirit-led full-time pastor to work alongside our Pastor of Family Ministries, active Board of Elders, dedicated staff and host of gifted volunteers.
We are a multi-generational community with a desire to know our Lord more intimately, serve Him more faithfully, and fellowship together. To put our love for others in action, we have a variety of out reachministries such as an in-house K-12 private school, a thriving children’s ministry, a Christian counselling centre and more!
For more information about us, please visit www.rosbc.com.
About the Position
Ministerial Gifts and Calling:
- Preaching / Teaching
- Able to make the Gospel plain, clear and relevant, through good public presence, voice, and close study of the Scriptures.
- Able to exposit the Scriptures for the growth and equipping of the believers.
- Approachable, wise counsellor, with a high regard for confidentiality.
- Effective overseer of the welfare of the flock.
- Commitment to both personal and corporate prayer.
- Modelling, teaching and encouraging multiple generations to grow in their relationship with Jesus, deepening their knowledge, commitment and service for His glory and the spread of the Gospel.
- Pulpit Ministry
- Oversight and coordination of the teaching and preaching in all classes (e.g., baptism, membership, etc.) and worship services, as well as delivering the majority of Sunday morning sermons.
- Mentoring of Pastors and staff.
- Lead Pastor & Administration Elder
- Member of our Board of Elders in providing visionary leadership to the church body.
- Supervision of all church administrative functions.
- Oversight of the church staff.
- Pastoral Care
- Spiritual encouragement, sick and shut-in visitation, and care to those in the LeadershipTeam.
- Biblical counselling as per Pastoral Care Policy.
- Fully and unreservedly in agreement with ROSBC Statement of Faith.
- Meet the qualifications of an elder as identified in Scripture (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter5:1-4).
- Leadership experience within a church environment
- Discipling and mentoring experience.
- Some seminary or formal biblical training.
- If you feel called to apply to become our next Lead Pastor, please submit a written testimony of God’s work in your life, your Ministerial Information Profile (MIP), and/or your resume firstname.lastname@example.org with “Pastoral Search Committee” in the subject line.
- A Church Profile is available upon request.