As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
New Hope Community Church
Job Description: FULL CHURCH PROFILE: frootgroup.com/newhopecommunity
New Hope Community Church is looking for a new Pastor of Worship Ministry. Our current Pastor of Worship has transitioned as the Lead Pastor. New Hope has a solid reputation for quality music and worship, and we are excited to see how God will use new leadership to take our existing program into the future with new and creative ideas. New Hope is a theologically conservative church, but we attract many people from a diverse variety of backgrounds from unchurched to Pentecostal and Liturgical. Our style of worship is definitely contemporary and participatory. Our desire is that the next Pastor of Worship Ministry will not only be a skilled musician, but will also be a strong leader who is able to shepherd, teach, and most importantly has a deep love for Jesus and for seeing others grow in their love for Him.
The city of Hermiston is the largest city with the largest school district in Eastern Oregon. It has a population of over 18,000 and is surrounded by a number of smaller communities. It lies 3 hours directly east of Portland, OR and 35 minutes south of the Tri-Cities, WA. The Hermiston area is steppe desert and is situated near the Columbia River and the Blue Mountains. It is primarily an agricultural area but also hosts much industry including a number of Amazon facilities and a Walmart distribution center. Hermiston is a fast growing and thriving community full of transplants that have moved here to fill the growing need for both skilled and unskilled labor.
The Pastor of Worship Ministry is an Associate Pastor position that is a full-time salaried employee (40 hrs/wk) with accountability primarily to the Lead Pastor.
PURPOSE OF NEW HOPE COMMUNITY CHURCH: WE EXIST TO KNOW GOD AND GLORIFY HIM BY MAKING DISCIPLES OF JESUS CHRIST.
Below are the requirements and responsibilities Froot Group has identified for this role:
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shepherd, recruit, train and manage ministry team volunteers
- Look for ways to inspire non-musical worship experiences for the church body
- Conduct weekly rehearsals with worship team
- Work with Lead Pastor to plan and execute Sunday mornings
- Manage live streaming for Sunday mornings and misc. events
- Manage and keep in good repair all technology and equipment for worship ministry
- Manage worship ministry budget
- Strong vocal ability
- Able to lead worship from an instrument (guitar or keys)
- Considerable experience with worship technology: sound reinforcement, stage lighting, video, presentation software, and live streaming
- Organize and lead worship, provide oversight and scheduling of the music and media ministries
- Recruit and train new musicians & media volunteers
- Expand and maintain music library and licensing requirements
- Oversee budget and expenditures, equipment and instrument operations and maintenance
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Elder meetings
- Participate in the annual planning meeting for ministry training, goals, and evaluation
- Shepherd the congregation and share teaching and preaching as needed and desired
- Participate in life and activities of church body
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree
- 5 years of experience leading a worship ministry
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Alignment with New Hope doctrinal statement, theological compatibility with Lead Pastor
- Leadership and organizational skills with attention to detail and follow through
- Musically skilled and experienced in vocal and instrumental performance
- Proficient technology skills; familiar with media equipment
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in written forms
- Team player, able to handle conflict in a professional manner
- A love for God, people, and worship
- Clear testimony of faith and devotion to Jesus Christ, His church, and His mission
- Consistent devotional life
- Demonstrate Biblical qualities of an Elder
- History of making disciples, commitment to relational discipleship
- Good steward of personal finances
Reports to: Lead Pastor
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/newhopecommunity
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: no address