As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Mount Carmel Bible College
Job Description: PDF Job Description
Mount Carmel Bible College is a one year program that exists to disciple students. All staff are committed to involvement with students in ways that will nurture passionate Christian faith and living, both as individuals and within a faith community. Active discipleship in the lives of students is the primary role of all staff. If you are interested in this full time position and the ministry it involves, please review this job description and consider the application process outlined for potential candidates.
We are looking for a qualified discipler to join our staff team full time from mid August to the end of April(40 hours a week for 8.5 months of the year). This role requires active participation in all aspects of ourprogram including one on one discipleship, trips, events, and group service opportunities as well asteaching a minimum of 1.5 credit up to 3 credit hours in one of our program courses. Courses will be taught from an evangelical perspective and will give students an introduction to the overall narrative of the Bible and a foundational understanding of scripture. Current teaching opportunities are for our Introduction to the Old Testament or Introduction to the Bible courses. While there would be some discussion and flexibility regarding exact topics to be covered, there is an existing syllabus in place to guide the overall direction of each course. The exact content can be shaped around the successful candidate’s interest and passion.The qualified candidate will have a vital, transforming relationship with God that qualifies them to serve asa godly role model for young adults enrolled in this discipleship program. In addition, they will use their passion for communicating God’s word in a classroom setting to ignite student interest in applying what is learned.
- Commitment to living as an active follower of Jesus Christ
- Desire and passion for discipleship, evidenced in a history of on-going relationships and interactions that move participants toward a closer walk with God
- A degree in a relevant subject, or acceptable experience and training in a related field
- Willingness to teach and conduct themselves according to Mount Carmel’s Statement of Faith, staff handbook, and guiding policies in matters of discussion and disagreement
- Teaching experience in a variety of settings
- Experience working with youth or young adults
- A Masters Degree in Biblical or Christian studies
- Connections with churches, youth pastors, and other organizations that will help promote the growth of Mount Carmel
In order for the school to function smoothly, there are varying responsibilities for each staff member. All staff will be expected to function as part of the team, having multiple responsibilities and leading orhelping out when extra help is needed in a particular area. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Preparing and teaching two to four - 50 minute lectures per week depending on the course
- Student discipleship and one on one work with current students and alumni
- Participating in offsite retreats or trips with other staff and students
- Participating in community and alumni events
- Participating in weekly group service opportunities as part of our Impact program
- Participating in daily aspects of community life such as chapels and community prayer times
- Actively participate with the staff team to encourage each other and promote a healthy workenvironment
WHO WE ARE
Mount Carmel Bible College exists to disciple willing Christians to a deeper, more passionate commitment to God and others, expressed through increasing knowledge, love, and service.
Mount Carmel started as a one-year Bible training school in the Christian Brethren movement. In its initial years, Mount Carmel existed to better equip people to serve in the loosely associated churches that we reconnected to Mount Carmel. In the summer of 2018, Mount Carmel celebrated its 50th anniversary. Over five decades, it has transitioned from simply training people in ministry skills to a discipleship center for Christians from many backgrounds. It is purposely small and purposely one year. Most students join the eight-month program in their first or second year after high school. The program is intended to ground students in their Christian faith and to encourage and foster Christian living.
For more information about our program please visit https://www.mountcarmelbiblecollege.com/about
If you are interested in this full-time position and the ministry it involves, please submit a resume or anyquestions related to this position by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are simply viewingthis package out of curiosity and know someone who might qualify, please pass this information along.Mount Carmel values your prayer and interest in this process.This posting will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
Apply By Date: 30/04/2021
Address: 4725 - 106 Avenue