As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Day Camp Leader - Bethany Homes
Hope Mission Summer Camps
Job Description: PDF of Job Description
Hope Mission Bethany Homes - Wetaskiwin
Job title: Summer Children & Youth Outreach Worker
Reports to: Wetaskiwin Manager
Hours of work: 32 hours/week Monday-Thursday (some evening & weekend work required)
Position Duration: June 28 – August 20
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth, and children who we serve would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff is diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Working as a part of a team to develop character and promote healthy choices in children and youth (ages 6-18) through the summer program. Provide support to high-needs children and youth in the Wetaskiwin area. To help support and facilitate the summer program that provides Christian summer programs every July-August at the Bethany Homes property. Summer programs at Bethany Homes include a variety of activities including horsemanship, archery, outdoor games & activities, interactive Bible lessons, and arts & crafts.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Develop sincere relationships with the children, youth, and staff of the families.
· Communicate (though word and action) a gospel message to the children of our program.
· Work at all special events as they arise, including Open House events, summer day camps, and other events as needed.
· Work with the team at Bethany Homes to provide quality programming for children and youth.
· Coordinate the games, devotional times, and support the staff as neede
· Support and coordinate volunteers who assist with the Summer Day Camp.
· Work as a team in program planning, coming up with games, skits, and other summer activities
· Prepare to lead games and other summer activities
· Actively participate in various activities with the kids and youth, such as skits, sports, and horsemanship.
· Interact with the children and staff in a positive and professional manner.
· Support the programs operating out of Bethany Homes as needed.
· Fill in personal time sheet at the beginning of each shift and sign out at the end of each shift.
· Fill in leave request forms as needed.
· Document critical incidents
· Write camper letters at the end of each week
· Converse with children and diffuse tempers where necessary, following the Kids In Action policy manual.
· Report any unusual situations (ie. Anything that is broken or open, injuries, etc.).
· Discuss with supervisor or manager anything that is of suspicion that involves the health and safety of the children.
· Cleaning and sanitizing the program spaces (washrooms, etc)
· Follow all covid-19 protocols
· Keep areas free of all potential hazards.
· Attend staff meetings, Bible studies, prayer meetings, and staff functions.
· Be aware of Hope Mission/program policy and procedures.
· Special events.
· Miscellaneous duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
· Experience working with children and youth
· Excellent communicator
· Conflict resolution and verbal de-escalation skills
· Degree in Youth Work, Child & Youth Care, or related education an asset
· Horsemanship experience an asset
· Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs, run and play active sports and games with campers
· Class 5 Driver’s License
· Standard First Aid certification is an asset
· Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith (http://hopemission.com/about-us/values)
· Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
· Able to provide Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and a Child Intervention Record Check
· Must provide 2-3 references (pastor/ministry leader, employer/teacher, mentor)
· Adherence to Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter indicating why you want to work for a Christian ministry (in 1 document). Please provide 3 references (pastor, teacher/employer, mentor)
· Questions? Email email@example.com
Apply By Date: 20/08/2021