As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Day Camp Leader - Red Deer
Hope Mission Summer Camps
Red Deer, AB.
Job Description: PDF of Job Description
Hope Mission – Red Deer
Job title: Summer Day Camp Leader
Reports to: Red Deer Manager
Hours of work: 40 hours/week, 8 hour shifts, Mon-Fri, some weekend work may be required
Position Duration: June 28 – August 20
Hope Mission is a non-denominational Christian inner-city rescue mission based in Edmonton, Alberta. Hope Mission also has branches in Calgary, Red Deer, Wetaskiwin, and 2 summer camps (Brightwood Ranch & Camp Hope).
Hope Mission Red Deer exists to serve, strengthen, and uplift children, youth, and families in Red Deer and area through afterschool and virtual programs, food hamper ministry, and summer day camps.
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth, and children who we serve would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
This vision can only be fulfilled only if all staff is diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Hope Mission Red Deer will be running Day Camps this summer for children and youth (ages 6-17) who are connected to Hope Mission through our year round after school and virtual programs and our food hamper ministry. Day Camp Leaders are a key part of creating a fun, welcoming, and Christ-centered experience for participants. As a Day Camp Leader, you will be responsible for supervising day campers and building positive and caring relationships. You will be responsible for leading group games, chapels, Bible studies, and activities such as sports and arts and crafts in an outdoor setting. Cleaning and covid-19 sanitization will be a part of daily responsibilities. All team members will be responsible for following and ensuring all day campers follow covid-19 protocols.
· Teamwork: Able to serve alongside the year round team to run an engaging Day Camp for children and youth
· Passion for & Commitment to working with children who face a variety of obstacles and challenges in their lives
· Program Facilitation: Able to lead programs and activities for groups of children
· Multi-Tasking: Able to juggle competing needs and prioritize completion of tasks and projects
· Crisis Response: Able to use conflict resolution & de-escalation techniques to manage crisis & conflict situation
· Flexibility: Ready and willing to adapt and serve as needed, given the ever changing covid-19 guidelines and the realities of summer camp ministry.
· Love for the outdoors: The majority of the Day Camp activities will be outdoors, so bring your hats and bug spray!
Main Duties and responsibilities:
· Develop supportive mentoring relationships with day campers
· Work as a team to plan, prepare and lead activities, games, and Bible studies for day campers
· Lead large groups of children and youth in games, chapels, and activities.
· Supervise groups of children and youth ensuring the safety of all day campers
· Promote positive relationships and choices during day camp through effective behaviour management techniques
· Responsible for documentation of critical incidents
· Responsible for writing camper letters at the end of summer
· Responsible for set up and clean-up of the camp
· Provide and serve snacks and meals for day campers
· Cleaning and sanitizing the camp (washrooms, etc)
· Follow all covid-19 protocols
· Other related tasks and duties as required
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
· Experience working with children and youth
· Excellent communicator
· Conflict resolution and verbal de-escalation skills
· Degree in Youth Work, Child & Youth Care, or related education an asset
· Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs, run and play active sports and games with campers
· Class 5 Driver’s License
· Standard First Aid certification is an asset
· Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith (http://hopemission.com/about-us/values)
· Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
· Able to provide Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and a Child Intervention Record Check
· A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
· Adherence to Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures
· Email: email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter indicating why you want to work for a Christian ministry (in 1 document). Please provide 3 references (pastor, teacher/employer, mentor)
· Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply By Date: 20/08/2021