As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Summer Head Cook - Brightwood Ranch
Hope Mission Summer Camps
Job Description: PDF of Job Description
Hope Mission – Brightwood Ranch
Job title: Summer Head Cook
Reports to: Preventative Programs Manager
Hours of work: 40 hours/week, Mon-Fri, some weekend and split shifts may be required
Position Duration: June 7 – August 27
Hope Mission is a non-denominational Christian inner-city rescue mission based in Edmonton, Alberta. Hope Mission also has branches in Calgary, Red Deer, Wetaskiwin, and 2 summer camps (Brightwood Ranch & Camp Hope).
Brightwood Ranch exists to serve, strengthen, and uplift children and youth in Edmonton and area through providing a fun and Christ-centered summer camp experience.
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth, and children who we serve would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
This vision can only be fulfilled only if all staff is diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
In light of covid-19, Brightwood Ranch will be running Day Camps this summer (2021). Children and youth who access Hope Mission’s Tegler Youth Centre in NorthEast Edmonton will be invited to attend summer day camps at Brightwood. The Head Cook will be responsible for providing meals for a small staff team who will live on site from July-August as well as providing meals for Day Camp participants. As Head Cook you will plan the menu, place supply orders, maintain inventory, and implement food safe practices and kitchen cleaning and upkeep procedures. You will work closely with the Preventative Programs manager for menu planning, the organization purchaser for food orders, and the Summer Program Lead for day to day questions. The Head Cook will also oversee 2 kitchen helpers and be responsible for their training, scheduling, and support (leading team meetings, prayer times, etc).
Cleaning and covid-19 sanitization will be a part of daily responsibilities. All team members will be responsible for following covid-19 protocols and provincial guidelines.
· Teamwork: Willingness to serve alongside the kitchen team, day camp team, and greater Hope Mission organization .
· Passion for & Commitment to working in a kitchen and for ministering to children who face a variety of obstacles and challenges in their lives
· Kitchen Management: Able to oversee and maintain a kitchen with best practises re: food safe and cleanliness.
· Multi-Tasking: Able to juggle competing needs and prioritize completion of tasks and projects
· Crisis Response: Able to use conflict resolution & de-escalation techniques to manage crisis & conflict situations
· Flexibility: Ready and willing to adapt and serve as needed, given the ever changing covid-19 guidelines and the realities of summer camp ministry.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
· Create a fun and professional kitchen environment
· Provide and serve snacks and meals for summer staff and day campers
· Deep clean the kitchen at the start and end of the season
· Maintain a kitchen inventory, practice FIFO
· Order food and supplies
· Create a schedule for the 2 kitchen helpers working with you
· Implement a kitchen cleaning and sanitizing schedule
· Train, supervise, and support the kitchen helpers
· Responsible for documentation of critical incidents and OH&S issues
· Follow all covid-19 protocols
· Other related tasks and duties as required
Qualifications & Skills:
· Experience managing a kitchen and staff team (Food Safety Certificate)
· Experience working with children and youth
· Excellent communicator
· Conflict resolution and verbal de-escalation skills
· Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs, run and play active sports and games with campers
· Class 5 Driver’s License
· Standard First Aid certification is an asset
· Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith (https://hopemission.com/about-us/values)
· Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
· Able to provide Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and a Child Intervention Record Check
· Provide 3 references (pastor, employer/teacher, mentor)
· Adherence to Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures
· Submit a team member application online at the link below: https://hopemission.wufoo.com/forms/z1q4nfwo0cuswcu/
· Please note that the application will ask you to upload your resume & cover letter indicating why you want to work for a Christian ministry (in 1 document) and to provide 3 references.
· Questions? Email Antonia.email@example.com
Apply By Date: 20/08/2021