As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Part-time Ministry Opportunity
Canadian Armed Forces chaplain
On behalf of the Royal Canadian Chaplain Services (RCChS) of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) the following is a part time ministry opportunity in your region that some of your ordained members may be interested in learning about.
The CAF has Primary Reserve Units all across the country and each is entitled to a Chaplain. Reserve Chaplains serve their local congregations on a full or part-time basis and also serve in the CAF with their local unit to provide part-time faith leadership.
There are vacancies for Primary Reserve Chaplains in your area.
Some background information about the nature of our work and ministry is available at https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/caf-jobs/career-options/fields-work/other-specialty-occupations/chaplain.html
Information about entry standards is detailed below:
- Standards for enrolment as a Canadian Armed Forces chaplain include the following:
- Canadian citizenship;
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline;
- Graduate level degree (Master of Divinity or equivalent) from an institution accredited by the Association of Theological Schools or similar, providing professional training and formation for faith group leaders;
- Formal recognition as a faith group leader within one’s own tradition (i.e. ordination or Pastoral Mandate) as recognized by the Interfaith Committee on Canadian Military Chaplaincy (ICCMC);
- Two years of supervised, full-time recognized ministry experience as a faith group leader (post-ordination/pastoral mandate) in your specific faith tradition;
- Must be between 18-56 years of age; and
- Must be able to pass the Canadian Forces Aptitude Test, Fitness test and standard medical examination.
- Applicants for the Primary Reserve Force (part-time faith leadership) will meet with both the Brigade Chaplain and the Unit Commanding Officer, and will be required to pass a selection board similar to Regular Force applicants. Chaplain applicants must also follow the standard recruiting process for all applicants to the Canadian Armed Forces via their local Canadian Forces Recruiting Centre (CFRC).
- A key component of any application to serve as a Canadian Armed Forces Chaplain is an endorsement for faith leadership through the Interfaith Committee on Canadian Military Chaplaincy. This application for endorsement must be processed through the Director of Chaplain Services 2-2 at the Office of the Chaplain General, assisted by your local RCChS Recruiter area Chaplain Staff Officer or the Brigade Chaplain.
If you are aware of clergy in your region who possess the above qualifications please encourage them by forwarding this job posting to them and asking them to get in touch with the Divisional Staff Officer, Brigade chaplain Naval Reserve Formation chaplain or Senior Air Reserve chaplain. SYE.VANMAANEN@forces.gc.ca; David.Jackson2@forces.gc.ca; CATHERINANNE.GEORGE@forces.gc.ca; MARIO.GAULIN@forces.gc.ca One of those individuals can help commence the Endorsement portion of the application. Our recruiter Padre LCol James, is also available to answer additional questions.