As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Valleyview Bible Church
Valleyview Bible Church has an average weekly attendance of 115 and is located in Kamloops, BC, Canada, which is 3 hours northeast of Vancouver. Valleyview is a member of the BC Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches and has a reputation for solid preaching and a close adherence to the Word. The heartbeat of our church is to provide vital Bible Study Groups, engaging Youth & Young Adult Ministries, regular Prayer Meetings and consistent Community Outreach which includes meeting practical needs and sharing the Gospel.
Valleyview is looking for a full-time Lead Pastor who is called by the congregation to lead and work as part of the leadership team in forming vision and shepherding the local church. He is responsible to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and shepherd the local church; feeding them the Word of God and guarding them from unsound doctrine.
- He demonstrates a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- He has personal discipline in his prayer life.
- He has a passion for God’s Word and studying the scriptures (Ps 119).
- He has the character traits described in 1 Timothy and Titus.
- He is a self starter and takes initiative as he is led by scripture and the Holy Spirit (Rm 8:12-17).
- He believes all scripture is inerrant and inspired by God (2 Tim 3:16-17).
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in biblical, theological or pastoral studies from a Christian college university or seminary.
- A minimum of five years of experience in church ministry in a leadership and teaching role.
- If not already credentialed with the BC Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches, he must be willing to undergo the credentialing process within two years of being hired.
- To study, exposit and preach the Word of God, effectively communicating and proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To lead and work as a member of the leadership team, following God’s direction in developing the local church’s vision, setting goals and developing ministries that will fulfill that vision and equip the local body.
- Seeks to spend time in prayer both personally and within his role in the church.
- Actively fosters a culture of discipleship and encourages the congregation to be passionate followers of Jesus Christ, carrying out the Great Commission.
- Focuses on discipling new leaders in the church and provides some counselling and visitation to the congregation as a whole.
- Supervises and disciples the church staff.
- Oversees the order of service with assistance from the Youth Pastor, Elders and volunteers.
- Performs weddings, funerals, baptisms, baby dedications and other services as required.
- Involved in many of the day-to-day ministries of the church as a member of the leadership team and more personal involvement in specific ministries as he feels called.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits will be commensurate with experience and education.
How to Apply
Interested individuals are encouraged to fill out the following FORM. More information will then be provided on Valleyview Bible Church and the Lead Pastor position. We will review your application and follow up with you accordingly. We thank you for your consideration and appreciate your interest.
If you would like access to our ‘Congregational Profile’, please fill out the following FORM.
Lead pastor to a church with an average pre-covid attendance of about 115. For more information go to valleyviewchurch.ca/pst