As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Associate Pastor Family and Youth
Nicola Valley Evangelical Free Church
Job Description: PDF Job Description | PDF Job Ad
The Associate Pastor is responsible for providing spiritual leadership & direction to the Youth & Family ministries through Christ-centered, Biblically-Based teaching, ministering to the spiritual needs of the Youth and the families of the Nicola Valley Evangelical Free Church.
The Associate Pastor will integrate his experience, talents, skills, and spiritual gifts with the duties outlined below, and to help NVEFC fulfill its Purpose Statement: To glorify God while uniting as a family, training to spiritual maturity, serving His church and sharing Christ with others and Mission Statement: To intentionally reach families in our community for Christ and to integrate them into the NVEFC family.
The Associate Pastor serves as a member of the Pastoral Team at the Nicola Valley Evangelical Free Church.
Position: Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Working Relationships: Reports to the Senior Pastor and is a member of the Pastoral Team.
Responsibilities: Youth Ministries 40%
- Plan and implement age-appropriate activities for Junior and High School age youth that promote community through fellowship, fun and faith development.
- Responsible for recruiting appropriate volunteers for the current junior and senior youth ministry.
- Responsible for running programs that are spiritually encouraging to where the youth are at in their spiritual journey.
- You will help facilitate volunteer worker training.
- You will be responsible to make sure that all church policies, guidelines - including the church protection plan, are being followed during Youth Ministry events.
Family Ministries 30%
- Responsible for recruiting appropriate volunteers for the Family Ministry.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate activities for children and families that promote community through fellowship, fun and faith development.
- Responsible for running programs that are spiritually encouraging to where the children are at in their spiritual journey.
- You will serve as part of the leadership team at our annual Summer Outreach Program. You will help facilitate volunteer worker training.
- You will be responsible to make sure that all church policies, guidelines - including the church protection plan, are being followed during Family Ministry events.
General Pastoral Responsibilities 20%
- You will be responsible to preach as outlined and in conjunction with the Senior Pastor
- Give oversight for outreach and evangelism for non-churched youth and their families.
- To be a part of the Pastoral Team of the NVEFC
Administrative Duties 10%
- Attend weekly staff meetings and services.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
Required Education: Post-secondary Biblical or Seminary training
- Demonstrate a healthy and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Exhibit the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
- Agreement with the NVEFC Doctrinal Statement and Code of Conduct.
- Live out a commitment to the vision and goals of Nicola Valley Evangelical Free Church.
- Have a strong desire to serve God in the position detailed above.
- Demonstrate a genuine love and spiritual passion for youth and young adults.
- Have a sensitivity and understanding of the needs and pressures of teens.
- Be willing and able to be licensed or ordained with the Evangelical Free Church of Canada
March 31 and/or until a suitable candidate is found
Please note only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Send Application to : email@example.com
Include in your application the following documents:
- Cover letter which states how you see yourself fitting into the town of Merritt and more specifically in the church
- Philosophy of ministry
Apply By Date: 31/03/2021
1950 Maxwell Ave.