As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Creston Baptist Church
Job Description: PDF Description
Creston Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking the man that God has prepared for the role of Senior Pastor for His church at Creston Baptist Church. The Senior Pastor will be a part of the elders board and is responsible for the majority of the preaching as well as other responsibilities.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Senior Pastor along with the elders, shall lead the church in fulfilling its Purpose and Mission (Article II, Section 1 ofthe Constitution and Bylaws).
- Purpose: To glorify God
- Mission: To play our part in the fulfillment of the Great Commission (Matthew 28:20) by engaging in discipling through evangelism, baptizing believers and teaching the Word of God.
II. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Senior Pastor shall fulfill his calling as pastor by:
- Effectively doing the tasks of pastoral ministry (II Timothy 4:5)
- Developing harmonious relationships within the church (Philippians 2:1-5)
- Living a life consistent with his calling (I Timothy 3:7, Titus 1:7-9)
- Following his role and duties as laid out in the Constitution and Bylaws Section 9 Article 8.
- A clear testimony of saving faith in Christ, and the evidence of a lifestyle commitment to thatrelationship.
- A belief in God’s Word as inspired, inerrant, infallible, and sufficient, with a passion to live andserve by it (II Timothy 3:16).
- A character committed to the qualities stated in I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 and I Peter 5:2-4.
- An agreement with the spirit and intent of the Constitution and Bylaws, and the DoctrinalStatement.
- A commitment to proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ as the only hope of salvation(Romans 10:14,15).
- A pattern of commitment to regular, personal accountability with the leadership of the church.
- A member of Creston Baptist Church.
- An evidence of the ability to preach and teach the Word of God (II Timothy 2:2-4)
- The ability to accurately interpret Scripture, and communicate its meaning to the church(II Timothy 3:16)
- A commitment to working effectively, cooperatively, and respectfully with the leadership
- An ability to relate to people of all backgrounds, with honesty, sensitivity, compassion andconfidentiality.
- A commitment to ongoing personal development and education.
- Has adequate pastoral training from a recognized theological Institution, preferably aBachelor’s degree.
- Has experience in pastoral ministry, preferably at least ten years.
- PREACHING / TEACHING
- Shall have primary responsibility for the preaching ministry in the worship services.
- Shall assist in the teaching responsibilities of the various church ministries whenever. reasonable.
- Shall equip lay leadership for ministry.
- PASTORAL CARE / SHEPHERDING
- Shall lead in the developing and the fulfillment of whatever ministries are necessary toensure proper care of members of the congregation.
- Shall work with the pastoral staff and the Board of Elders to ensure that the visitation of thechurch is conducted properly and regularly.
- Shall work with the pastoral staff in conducting weddings and funerals and in providingcare to the bereaved.
- Shall take the leading portion of spiritual counselling that arises in general, pre-marital,marriage, and crisis situations.
- Shall be responsible for the preparation and preaching of the Sunday morning worshipServices in conjunction with other pastoral staff. Shall work together with the music worship coordinators in designing and planning the entire worship service.
- Shall work in cooperation with the Board of Elders in providing guidance and oversight ofthe spiritual affairs of the church.
- Shall work to develop leadership from within the congregation and to encourage and equipindividuals to serve effectively through the use of Spiritual Gifts and God given talents.
- Shall lead the pastoral staff as a team. In this capacity, the following responsibilities fallto the Senior Pastor:
- Conduct weekly staff meetings.
- Coordinate pastoral work loads.
- Provide direction and mentoring to pastoral staff
- Participate with the Board of Elders in the annual review of Pastoral staff.
- Supervise office and support staff.
- Ensure effective operation of the church office.
- ADMINISTRATION / ORGANIZATION
- Shall attend the regular meetings of the Board of Elders, the Church Board, andcongregational meetings.
- Plan agendas with the moderator for Church Board and Congregational meetings.
- Shall be an ex-officio member of all church committees and shall attend all committeemeetings on a rotating basis or as the need arises.
- Shall seek to ensure the development of ministry goals for the church in keeping with itsmission and vision statements, and to work with the leadership in the fulfillment of thosegoals.
- Shall develop his own personal and ministry goals by setting aside specific time periodsfor personal study, prayer, and intercession.
- Shall represent the church along with other delegates, at the Annual meetings of the ABA and the North American Baptist Triennial Conference whenever it is deemed reasonableby the Board of Elders.
- Shall attend the ABA Pastors’ conference as deemed reasonable by the Board ofElders..
- Shall represent the church to the Creston Ministerial as deemed reasonable by the Boardof Elders.
V. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- The Senior Pastor of CBC shall be an ordained minister or will immediately pursue ordination. His calling to the church is outlined in Article VII. Section 9 and Article VIII,Section 7 of the Constitution and Bylaws.
- The relationship between Pastor and Church may be terminated on a one-month notice, by either Pastor or Church or may be terminated at any time by mutual consent. Terminationis outlined in Article VIII, Section 7 of the Constitution and Bylaws.
- Shall be directly accountable to the Board of Elders and shall report at their regular meetings.
- Shall be available by setting regular church office hours.
- Shall be subject to Performance reviews every six months for the first year and annually there after
Apply By Date: 16/03/2021
Phone: 250-428-2769 (Len)