As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Director of Worship and Tech
Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Job Description: See Job Description in PDF
Director of Worship and Technology
Who We Are: A new, vibrant and growing church. Our vision is to be a place where all people can find hope through the GOSPEL, belonging through authentic COMMUNITY, and purpose through MISSION as we build bridges that connect a broken and hurting world to God.
Job Description: The purpose of this position is to support the mission, vision and values of Bridge Church while overseeing the Worship ministry of Bridge Church as it connects to our core values.
- In partnership with the Lead Pastor, the Worship Leadership Team (WLT) will craft Gospel-saturated worship services that are accessible to newcomers and edifying to believers.
- Serve the body by facilitating a communal proclamation of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Creating Worship that remembers what Christ has done, invites Him to move in the present, anticipates His future work, and invites experiences with the Holy Spirit to transform and empower God’s people.
- Create avenues for the participation of God’s people in worship services through singing, prayer, Word, Sacrament and other creative elements.
- Recruit, equip and encourage volunteers serving on weekly praise teams while shepherding andinvesting in their spiritual formation.
- Support the Home Group Leadership Team in building a worshipping culture in Bridge Home Groups.
- Shape and facilitate praise and worship times in other church events throughout the year (i.e. retreats, special events, congregational meetings).
- Create worship that not only ministers to God’s people but sends God’s people on mission in the world.
- Build bridges in the community with Bridge Worship Ministry centred around music through networking with musicians in the community, special events, community concerts with local bands and other creative avenues.
- Become Bridge Church’s liaison with the Fort Saskatchewan Art Society and Community Band.
- Strong spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ, lives a Godly lifestyle, and passion for missional ministry.
- Must have a great sense of humour.
- Demonstrates humility, teachability, gentleness, and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree involving music theory, Christian worship, theology or similar field preferred.
- Experience with creating and leading a dynamic and diverse worship experience.
- Strong vocal talent and ability to lead with an instrument (and this should be affirmed by more people than just your mom!).
- Competency with technology associated with worship ministry, including soundboard, streaming software, ProPresenter, Planning Center, cameras, video editing and willingness to pursue further knowledge.
- Experience in volunteer coordination, development, and empowerment.
- Possesses a high level of initiative and ability to work independently, performing duties with minimal direction and supervision while being a loyal team player.
- Demonstrates excellence in written/verbal communication skills with staff, volunteers and from the platform.
- Ability to anticipate needs, highly organized, attention to detail, a multi-tasker and excellence in time management.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 0.7FTE to full time based on skills and areas of leadership.
- Coordinate with the lead pastor, members of the creative team and worship volunteers to ensure weekly corporate worship that is Gospel-saturated, welcoming and affirming to both believers and non-believers, biblically sound, culturally current, thematically appropriate, and executed with excellence.
- Coordinate the auditioning and scheduling of volunteers.
- Strong focus on growing the team in numbers and mentoring and investing in volunteers spiritually and musically.
- Create a vibrant culture of prayer, community, serving, teamwork, and excellence within the ministry.
- Ensure set lists have been planned a minimum of one week before service to allow volunteers to prepare.
- Accumulate and maintain sound and media equipment and plan and initiate (with your team) the stage backdrop.
- Work with Lead Pastor, Online Campus Pastor and Administrator to produce biblically-based resources for Bridge Church Online.
- Chair the Worship Leadership Team and serve as representative on the Ministry LeadershipTeam.
What We Can Offer You:
- A fun and flexible work environment
- Mentorship for ministry
- Continued Education opportunities
- Compensation based on education, experience,etc
- Health spending account
Interested in Applying? Please send Resume and Cover letter to email@example.com
Apply By Date: 12/03/2021
Address: Use Email! :)