As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Assistant to the Registrar
Three Hills, AB
Job Description: See posting for complete details.
Wage: To scale with benefits.
Starting Date: May 1, 2021 (some flexibility on start date)
Contact: Nicolle Ioanidis
Email: Please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Phone: (403) 443-3030
This full-time position exists to support the mission of Prairie College “to establish God’s kingdom by equipping and mentoring individuals through biblically integrated education for life and careers that will meet the greatest needs of the world”. This specific role is to provide excellent service to students through supporting the Registrar’s Office.
- Assists Registrar in day-to-day operations of the office;
- Shares responsibility for maintenance of student records;
- Assists Registrar in planning, preparing for, and running events and procedures connected with the academic year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day-to-day operations:
- Provide service at the office and by phone and email
- Process incoming mail
- Respond to requests for information from students, alumni, faculty, administration, and outside sources;
- Process student billing
- Carry out specific tasks assigned by Registrar
- Record Maintenance:
- Maintain student files;
- Maintain student information system (SIS);
- Maintain Registrar’s Office page on the website;
- Maintain records room.
- Transcript processing:
- Process requests for transcripts
- Events and Procedures Connected with the Academic Year:
- Assist with pre-registration and registration;
- Assist with end of semester processes;
- Assist with graduation processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication skills:
- listens well; reads quickly;
- comprehends complex written and oral communications;
- communicates clearly and succinctly in both oral and written forms;
- writing is free of errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Excellent computer skills: basic understanding of computers;
- experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office;
- experience with Populi and Brightspace is an asset.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- General Skills and characteristics:
- organizes own work efficiently and quickly;
- manages time well; sets and manages priorities;
- uses resources creatively;
- committed to quality,
- accepts responsibility and accountability;
- works efficiently under pressure and in the midst of interruptions;
- takes initiative in solving problems, thinking through and proposing improvements in procedures;
- works well without supervision, dependable and conscientious in supervisor’s absence;
- accepts new responsibilities;
- friendly, cheerful, gracious, and firm in dealings with people;
- adaptable to changes in plans, procedures, and responsibilities.
- Mission: Knowledge of and adherence to Prairie’s mission, vision, core values, statement of faith, and Community Covenant.
- Church: Understanding of and commitment to the local church.
- Education: A minimum level of a Bachelor’s degree, some biblical/theological education preferred.
- Experience: Two or more years of office experience strongly preferred; experience in a Registrar’s Office is an asset.
- English Language: Excellent knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including composition and grammar.
- Team attitude: Must have the ability to work in and contribute to a team.In accordance with the standards of the government, preference is given to qualified applicants who hold Canadian citizenship or are permanent residents of Canada.
Prairie’s goal is to begin review of applicants by March 1, 2021 and to complete the hiring by April 1, 2021. However, applications will be received until the position is filled by a qualified person.
Apply By Date: 01/03/2021