As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Lakeview Bible Chapel
Fraser Lake, BC
Location: Fraser Lake, BC
Looking for: Senior Pastor
Employment Type: Full-time
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with experience and education. We will discuss salary with those we pursue.
Lakeview Bible Chapel started in 1968 as a Church plant of the Vanderhoof Gospel Chapel, which was a AGC church at the time but has since become a EFC. A few families moved to Fraser Lake and others traveled to town to help. It started as a Sunday School in the town hall which has since become the Royal Canadian Legion. They started to build their own building and finally managed to complete it on budget (a small one) in 1972. The membership has had its ups and downs over the years.
Qualifications: What are we looking for:
- A pastor who loves the Lord Jesus Christ and is a maturing Christian.
- A pastor with an unmistakeable calling to leadership in a local church setting.
- A pastor with the character traits called for by Scripture [Matt. 20:25-28; Acts 20:28-31; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; Hebrews 13:7,17; 1 Peter 5:1-5].
- A pastor who understands the gravity, importance and joy of the pastoral role.
- A pastor who takes seriously his responsibility to shepherd, guide and protect the worship of our glorious Saviour in the ministries he oversees.
- A pastor who understands the importance of Eph 4: 11-16 and sees his ministry primarily as “discipling and preparing the saints for the work of the ministry”.
- A pastor who loves the Scriptures, studies them diligently and teaches them with all seriousness and accuracy, able to proclaim the message of the Gospel clearly and articulately.
- A pastor who is committed to prayer.
- A pastor who aligns with the Associated Gospel Church’s [AGC] statement of faith, Statement of Faith
- A pastor willing to be credentialed by the Associated Gospel Church of Canada. See application process at Ministry Opportunities
- A pastor who aligns with the AGC’s distinctives of gender complementarity and interpreting the Scriptures with a literal hermeneutic.
- A pastor who understands the value and necessity of his ministry to his own family.
Col 2:8; “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.”
- Must be a man of character and have integrity. These are exceedingly important.
- Must love the people he serves in leadership.
- Must treat those in his care with respect, concern and warmth.
- Must be unwavering in Biblical theological conviction and yet be winsome and gracious in the teaching and protection of Bible truths.
- Must be approachable.
- Must be able to work in and with a team of Elders providing oversight and leadership, the Pastor primarily being the preaching Elder.
- Able to identify with the Elders the way God has gifted THIS particular local church to accomplish His will for our communitee, and in response, develop the gifts and talents already present. God gifts faithful local churches with the people and gifts necessary to fulfill the Great Commission.
- Visit regularly in the homes of the LBC Church Family, and in some community involvement.
Vacation: 4 weeks per year. These 4 weeks must be taken. We value your rest and recreation.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience and education. We will discuss salary with those we pursue.
If you sense the LORD’s direction to pursue this role please email a short bio, and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jerry Holm, Lakeview Bible Chapel, Board Chairman
Full description of ministry opportunity can be found on the AGC of Canada website
Lakeview Bible Chapel