As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Managing Director, Development
Three Hills, AB
Job Description: See separate document
Compensation: Full time position. Salary to scale, with benefits.
Beginning Date: January to March, 2021
Contact: email: email@example.com; phone: 403-443-3030
Role: Prairie College is seeking an individual who will provide leadership to the College’sDevelopment Department.
This key person will represent the Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan to our investing publics, including alumni, major donors, and foundations. The job requires travel of 30% to 40% in order to build personal relationships with major donors across the continent.
Related experience and education would be an asset.
- Report to the President, as a member of the Management Team.
Duties and responsibilities:
General responsibilities include but are not limited to those noted below. The description may be adjusted as we adapt to the growing needs of our donors and the College.
- Development Team Leadership: Provide direction and oversight for the Developmentteam, which includes Alumni Relations, Donor Relations, Development Planning, Data Management, Estate Planning, and Publications.
- Major Donor Development: Develop strong and meaningful personal relationships with major donors who financially support the mission and vision of the College.
- Foundations: Actively pursue relationships with, and seek funding from, foundations that share Prairie’s mission, vision, and values.
- Capital Campaign: To lead the Capital Campaign team to find and cultivate key donors to invest in the capital needs of the school.
- Annual Fund: To provide support to ensure the annual fund objectives are met.
- Embrace the school’s Strategic Plan in order to become a primary spokesperson for it to the public.
- Work with the Marketing Department to develop an annual communications plan. Lead the production of appeal letters and oversee the publication of Servant Magazine.
- Personal: Passionate ownership of the mission and vision of Prairie College, inspiring others (e.g. donors, alumni, partners) toward this same commitment.
- Mission: Knowledge of and enthusiastic commitment to Prairie’s mission, vision, core values, statement of faith, and community covenant, with annual renewal of support. Genuine endorsement of the philosophy and practices of the College.
- Church: Understanding of and commitment to the local church.
- Experience: Significant experience in business field.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s degree preferred. A year or more of college-level Biblical education will help the candidate thrive on our team.
- Character: Observable and contagious love for God, self-initiative, maturity of Christian character, team attitude, loyalty to organization and people, missional.
- Relational Competency: Ability to work in collegial partnership with a variety of groups, able to communicate clearly and effectively, experience and ability in growing team relationships, appropriate transparency and personal vulnerability.
- Abilities/Skills: Ability to plan and implement, ability to inspire and motivate, ability to develop relationships.
Apply By Date: 01/02/2021
Address: 350, 5th Ave NE
Three Hills, AB T0M2N0