As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
National Intercultural Ministry Leader
Connecting Streams - Power to Change
Title: National Intercultural Ministry Leader
Ministry: Connecting Streams
Location: Edmonton, AB
Reports to: National Training & Leadership Development Manager
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. We envision millions of volunteers engaged in faith adventures that transform lives through the power of the gospel. You can be a part of this movement of change by applying your skills in P2C Ministries.
Connecting Streams equips and mobilizes the Church to help society’s vulnerable populations know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Through partnerships and teams, we build trusting relationships that foster faith and hope.
The National Intercultural Ministry Leader will develop, support, and resource a leadership team who together with them will equip and mobilize believers to reach out intentionally to those from other cultures.
- Casting Vision/Establishing Strategic Plan
- Work with the Intercultural Ministry Leadership Team to create and implement a strategic plan. Cast and implement vision, setting the direction of the ministry
- Oversee the formulation of ministry tools and strategy development including the creation of a transferable model of the Intercultural ministry.
- Develop new strategies and avenues for intercultural ministry working to expand to cities in Canada
- Work with the National Training and Leadership Development team to develop and implement strategic plan and achieve objectives
- Staff and Volunteer Leadership and Development
- Recruit, develop, and support the Intercultural Leadership Team
- Support Intercultural Ministry Leaders in conflict management/problem solving
- Coach/mentor Intercultural Ministry Leaders regularly
- Learn and develop with National Training & Leadership Development Team, share resources, encourage and equip each other, and share expertise
- Attend al local CS Training, Celebration and meeting events specific to Intercultural Ministry
- Conduct ministry reviews and evaluations with Intercultural Leadership Team
- Help mentor/coach City Leaders in developing/implementing new Intercultural ministries
- Intentionally pray for your team regularly
- Spokesperson for the Ministry
- Act as a liaison and represent Connecting Streams with volunteers, organizations, agencies, and events
- Brainstorm with National Training and Leadership Development Team to develop new Intercultural ministry opportunities
- Share vision to help churches/individuals/organizations engage in Intercultural ministry
- Initiate and cultivate connections and partnership
- Speak at and teach workshops on mobilizing people for Intercultural ministry
Required Skills & Abilities:
- A deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use Google Suite or equivalent
- Administrative skills, personally organized, good steward of time
- Self-motivated, team builder, able to work independently
- A genuine desire to see people’s lives transformed by Jesus
- Able to cast vision and lead others in developing a strategic plan
- Skill in public speaking in small and large gatherings
- Skill in leading people spiritually regardless of spiritual context
- Ability to relate well with Churches and other Christian Organizations
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years ministry/work related experience
This position requires Ministry Partner Development where the successful candidate will be required to build a team which provides financial and prayer support for salary and ministry expenses including benefits coverage.
Where the candidate is able to be financially independent, they may volunteer for this position with the expectation that they will serve as associate staff (minimum 25 hours).
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Please visit our website to view ongoing job opportunities at https://p2c.com/opportunities/
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.