As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Leadership Development Trainer
International Student Ministries Canada
Location: Flexible within Canada
We seek to love international students unconditionally, partner with local churches in leading international students to discover Jesus through the Word of God, and prepare them to serve God wherever He leads them.
Leadership Development Trainer is a crucial member of the National Leadership Development Team. Working closely with the team, the Leadership Development Trainer will provide training and coaching to ISMC staff to excel in developing their leadership and empower them to train and support others to do the same.
Position Type: Full-Time/Part-Time (15-20 hours/week); Permanent
Funding: Require to raise their own support through Partnership Development
Location: Flexible in Canada
Accountable To: National Leadership Development Director
STAFF LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT:
- Work together with the National Leadership Development Team to:
- Research, evaluate, and identify relevant resources that are relevant to the staff’s needs.
- Investigate, assess, and prioritize new leadership development initiatives.
- Design and implement leadership development programs.
- Monitor and evaluate program effectiveness and make improvements accordingly.
- Provide training to staff in specific leadership development areas.
- Equip, coach, and provide support to staff to train others.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
- Establish regular times of prayer and Scripture engagement for God’s wisdom and direction in the ministry.
- Establish and practice Sabbath weekly.
- Complete and implement an annual Personal and Ministry Development Plan (PMDP). Review the plan with supervisor regularly.
- Engage in ongoing training.
- Develop and maintain a team of prayer and financial partners.
- Attend biennial ISMC National Conference and City Director retreat.
PERSONAL CHARACTER AND COMMITMENT:
- Growing in a vital relationship with Christ; meets the leadership qualities of 1Timothy 3:1-7.
- Exhibit an active and developing Christ-like character.
- Committed to Christ’s global cause in general, and international student ministry in particular.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the international student ministries and its impact in the world.
- Committed to the national vision and mission of ISMC.
- In agreement with ISMC’s Statement of Faith and ISMC’s Lifestyle Practice & Conduct policy.
- Self-motivated team-builder; committed to caring and empowering the local ministry team.
- Committed to forging connections and partnerships with other communities and organizations.
- Heart of a servant leader.
- Great team-player with a positive attitude and an encouraging spirit.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCES:
- Proven success in Partnership Development.
- Experience in working with multicultural teams in an intercultural environment.
- 2 years of experience in leadership development training or coaching would be an asset.
- Seminary education or education in leadership study would be an asset.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCY:
- Capable of communicating effectively.
- Have a high cultural intelligence.
- Excellent people skills; excel in building relationships cross-culturally.
- Ability to discern and evaluate people’s gifts and abilities.
- Demonstrate competency in training, coaching, motivating, and leading others.
- Well-organized, responsive, and responsible.
- Computer literate (e.g. competent in utilizing online meeting tools like Zoom or google Meet).
Apply By Date: 01/02/2021