As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
International Student Ministries Canada
Location: Flexible within Canada
We seek to love international students unconditionally, partner with local churches in leading international students to discover Jesus through the Word of God, and prepare them to serve God wherever He leads them.
ISMC seeks a visionary and strategic leader to help us accomplish this vision. The President must have a passion for the Kingdom of God and for growing His Kingdom through international students. This leader must have a proven track record of being highly collaborative and must possess specific skills in developing meaningful relationships with donors and other partners to develop resources to sustain the organization.
The president meets the leadership qualifications of 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1, maintaining a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ. They demonstrate spiritual maturity having sound knowledge of Scripture and theology. They are committed to the principles and practice of Christian discipleship and Christian leadership rooted and framed on a strong biblical foundation.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Location: Flexible, Canada
Travel: 50 nights/year
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience; must raise their own support
Accountable To: The Board of Directors
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021.
*Per Canadian labor laws, preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
- Act as a visionary, provide leadership and oversight for the organization with accountability to the Board of Directors.
- Work with the Board to plan and implement a short-, mid- and long-term strategy for the organization.
- Keep the organization on target with its stated mission.
- Acts as the face of the organization when dealing with the community.
- Assure the organization of adequate financial resources to conduct it’s ministry.
- Models the values of the organization in relationships with ISMC staff, volunteers and supporters.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
- Establish regular times of prayer for God’s wisdom and direction in the ministry.
- Develop and maintain a team of prayer and financial partners.
- Establish a weekly Sabbath.
- Ongoing training (e.g., ACMI, local seminars, seminary course, ISI online training).
- Attend biennial ISMC National Conference and City Director retreat.
PERSONAL CHARACTER AND COMMITMENT:
- Growing in a vital relationship with Christ; meets the leadership qualities of 1Timothy 3:1-7.
- Exhibit an active and developing Christ-like character with a heart for servant leadership.
- Committed to Christ’s global cause in general, and international student ministry in particular.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the international student ministries and its impact in the world.
- Committed to the national vision and mission of ISMC.
- In agreement with ISMC’s Statement of Faith and ISMC’s Lifestyle Practice & Conduct policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCES:
- Proven success in Partnership Development.
- 5 years of experience in ministry would be an asset, particularly in ministering to internationals on university campuses or in intercultural settings.
- Experience in leading multicultural ministry teams would be an asset.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCY:
- Innovative, with a vision of the future of the organization to plan, strategize and execute.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate with board members, staff, volunteers and supporters.
- Financial and operational knowledge, as well as knowledge of regulations, policy and procedures that affect the organization.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire people to action through their influence.
- Strong track record in raising funds for an organization.
- Have a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to attract, develop and retain talent.
- Bachelor’s degree; a graduate theological degree (preferably an M.Div.) would be advantageous.
- A minimum of 5 years of senior executive leadership experience, preferably in a non- profit organization.
To Apply Online: www.ismc.ca/work-at-ismc/president/
For More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply By Date: 01/02/2021