As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
West Meadows Baptist
Job Description: Job Profile PDF
Our church had its beginnings in 1962 with the start of a Sunday School. In 1963, the congregation formally organized as Meadowlark Baptist Church in the west end of Edmonton. God blessed our ministry through the years and in 1993 the congregation relocated further west alongside the Anthony Henday Drive under the new name West Meadows Baptist Church. Our past is the story of godly pastors and people who laboured to bring the gospel message to our community and world. We praise the Lord for our biblical heritage and the dedicated people who planted and established our congregation. We are one of 400 churches associated with the North American Baptist Conference. You can find us online at: www.westmeadows.org
WHY DO WE EXIST?
To invite people to experience New Life with Jesus by living out His grace, truth, and love.
WHAT DO WE VALUE?
- Counter-Cultural Love
- Heartfelt Hospitality
- Encountering Jesus
- Vibrant Faith
- Empowering People
- Strengthening Communities
The Bookkeeper is primarily responsible for providing full-cycle financial bookkeeping and internalcontrols for West Meadows Baptist Church (WMBC) and West Meadows Family & Community Services Society (WMFCSS), in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP’s). This will include administering payroll, overseeing the donation records of WMBC in compliance with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines, and supervising a team of counting volunteers in contributions postings. In addition, the Bookkeeper’s secondary functions will include serving as WMBC’s and WMFCSS’s liaison with our financial institutions, providing financial reports to the Board and staff, and working with church leadership to complete our annual statutory filings.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Payroll – semi-monthly payroll using payroll provider
- General Ledger – review account transactions for accuracy, post journal entries to QuickBooks, post year end journal entries
- Reconciling bank accounts and staff credit cards
- Financial Reports – generate financial reports as required for Board, Pastors, budget holders,and congregation business meetings
- Liaise with Church Leaders – financial reports as required for filing statutory returns for WMBC (T3010, GST/HST, WCB) and WMFCSS (T2, T1044 NPO, Society Annual Return)
- Volunteer Counting Team – oversee team in weekly processing of donation contributions, bank deposits, preparation of official annual donation receipts
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Education: College-level bookkeeping certificate or program (or equivalent)
- Experience: minimum two-years bookkeeping experience (or equivalent); preferably in a non-profit setting. Intermediate understanding of QuickBooks Non-Profit, Excel, and Word.
- Skills/ Abilities: display a competency for detail and accuracy, meet regular deadlines, understand and report financial findings, and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Attendance at West Meadows Baptist Church Sunday morning worship services is preferred
- This is a part-position and is expected to require 20 – 30 hours per week.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please prayerfully submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted and provided with a complete job description.