As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Pastor of Children's Ministries
Unionville Alliance Church
Overview of Unionville Alliance Church:
Unionville Alliance Church is a warm, vibrant, multi-ethnic, multi-generational church in Markham, Ontario. We are seeking a Pastor of Children’s Ministries to join our committed staff team to give leadership to an exciting ministry of approximately 80 children from infants to grade six. We believe that Children Matter to God so Children Matter to Us.
Our Goal for Children’s Ministries:
Our mission as a church is to lead people to know Jesus Christ and to follow him passionately. Our mission to children is an expression of that within the age range and understanding of children. Our purpose is to help children to understand and respond to the gospel, and nurture them in their faith to grow and develop spiritually. This is done by teaching the Bible in a manner which reflects the presentation of the truth at age appropriate levels and done in a creative and compelling way.
We believe that the responsibility for raising children in the faith lies biblically with the parents (Deuteronomy 6:4-9). Parents are positioned to be the primary influencers and teachers in the lives of their children. They have a distinct advantage over the church by virtue of their parental relationship and with the vastly more time spent with their children. Because of this, our ministry to children also involves helping to equip parents to leverage their substantial influence in discipling their children.
- A mature follower of Jesus Christ with a vital faith and who possesses a Christ-like character
- A passion and genuine love to impact young lives
- A person committed to relevant, engaging and age-appropriate Bible teaching
- Able to recruit, lead and inspire a team of volunteers
- A self-motivated person
- A person who is committed to the broader ministry of the local church
- Able to work in harmony with others
- Fundamental agreement with the doctrinal statement of the Christian and Missionary Alliance
Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have at a minimum a Bachelor’s degree, or preferably a Master’s degree, from an accredited institution in theology and family ministry
- A minimum of three years’ experience in children’s ministry
1. Champion the Children’s Ministries by…
- Creating a clear, compelling vision with the Children’s Ministries team
- Regularly casting that vision among the children and parents of Unionville Alliance Church through a wide variety of creative communications
- Celebrating the accomplishment of that vision
- Maintaining personal spiritual and leadership growth
2. Resource the programming by…
- Developing a recruiting system for all programs that assesses, screens and assigns all participating volunteers
- Providing regular and appropriate training for all workers and leaders to protect our children
- Ensuring all teachers are provided with approved curriculum and supplies
- Ensuring all facilities are adequately equipped for housing children and their programs
3. Manage the programming by…
- Establishing and managing a budget for Children’s Ministries
- Creating and evaluating programming on an annual basis. Current programming includes – Sunday Programs, Summer Day Camps, Child Dedications, Family Services, Kids’ Choir and Christian Brigade
- Overseeing children’s outreach events and programs for Christmas, Easter and other requested ministries and events
- Assisting in the maintenance of an accurate database and website
- Promoting programs and events to keep parents informed and involved via newsletters, website, personal communication, email, etc.
4. Other duties include…
- Working as part of the team on church-wide events and initiatives
- Participating in staff meetings
- Producing a report for the Board of Elders and Members as required
- Overseeing and purchasing Mothers and Father’s Day gifts
- Working with the Christmas hamper program, tree decorations and the Christmas Kids’ Choir presentation
Proposed Start Date: Late Fall 2020
Please note we are only accepting Canadian applicants.
Contact or email your resume to:
Senior Pastor at Unionville Alliance Church