As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Youth & Young Adults Director
Johnston Heights Church
Job Description: Youth & Young Adults Director Posting Profile
The Youth and Young Adults Director is a .75 – 1.0 position with an immediate start date. Reporting to the Lead Pastor, this person will work with a volunteer team as well as a Junior High Intern and a Young Adults Intern to oversee all aspects of Youth and Young Adult Ministries. The intention of these ministries is to see students and young adults:
- Accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour
- Become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ
- Become equipped to reach the lost with the good news of Jesus Christ
- Become increasingly integrated into the life of the church.
- Oversight of Youth and Young Adult Ministries:
- Align Youth and Young Adult Ministries with the church’s mission statement
- Intentionally shepherd young people
- Recruit, train and oversee volunteers and interns for Youth and Young Adult Ministries, providing direction, accountability, coaching, and leadership
- Facilitate a mid-week program that will disciple and motivate high school students in the mission and purpose of Jesus Christ
- Provide oversight to the annual high school summer camp, youth and young adult retreats, and mission trips
- Be available to provide counselling for young people and parents as required
- Be a resource to students, leaders, interns and parents within the church
- Work in conjunction with the Pastoral Leadership Team to integrate Youth and Young Adult Ministries into the life of the church
- Maintain good communication with the Lead Pastor, Elders, and the Pastoral Leadership Team as appropriate.
- Has a clear call from God to serve young people and their families in the church
- Has Godly character – one who is filled with the Spirit and is a passionate follower of Jesus
- Has a love for God, a love for students, and a love for the lost
- Has a pastor’s heart and servant’s heart for the church congregation as a whole
- Is a relational person with strong interpersonal skills
- Is able to build and equip a leadership team who will lead students
- Has visionary leadership and a teachable spirit
- Has the gift of teaching, enabling the truth of scripture to be relevant, practical and challenging
- Has a proven track record of leadership skills that motivate, develop, and empower others
- Has the ability to develop leaders through coaching, mentoring, and by providing opportunities for young people to lead
- Has an understanding of youth culture and proven experience working with young people
- Bible College training in Youth Ministries is desirable
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
Address: 9612 152 Street