As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Full-time term position (1.0)
Start Date: Immediate – End Date: May 15, 2021
Closing Date: open until position filled
Job Description: PDF Full Job Description -New Edit
The Admissions Counsellor represents the College with excellence, advances the mission to develop and mobilize Spirit-empowered leaders to be fruitful in God’s mission, and upholds the shared vision and values of Vanguard College. The Admissions Counsellor supports the Enrolment Services Director and the Enrolment Services Department as a whole, to develop relationships between prospective students and Vanguard College.
1. Recruitment – Recruit prospective students
2. Development – Develop strategic relationships with stakeholders
3. Admissions – Guide students through the process of admissions
4. Advise – Advise first-year students on program and course registrations
5. Registration – Assist first year students on registering for first semester courses
6. Transfer Credit – Assist the ESD with transfer credit estimates for inquiries and applicants
7. Ministry Relations – build relationships with youth pastors
Vanguard College is a bible college and discipleship training school with 220 students on campus, 75 students on-line and approximately 30 staff. Vanguard makes a significant contribution in shaping and inspiring the next generation of leaders for the kingdom of God in Alberta and beyond and also equips a wide range of essential support roles in churches and para-church organizations. Vanguard College offers certificates, diplomas and degrees in Pastoral, Youth, Missions, Children’s and Family Ministry, Worship, and Pastoral Care & Counseling.
Here at Vanguard College you will have the opportunity to work in a:
- Dynamic and fast paced team
- Healthy Christian work environment
The Admissions Counsellor will support the Enrolment Services Director and the Enrolment Department, as a whole, to develop relationships between prospective students and Vanguard College.
- Recruitment – Recruit prospective students
- Development – Develop strategic relationships with key stakeholders – Youth Pastors
- Admissions – Guide students through the process of admissions
- Excellent organizational, administrative skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills with experience in public speaking.
- Strong relationship building skills and positive attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Advance computer skills, including word processing, data management, website maintenance, social media, and mail merge.
- Creative and innovative.
- Experience in promotions is an asset
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in related field
We thank all applicants for their interest. If you identify with these values and possess these skills, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note in the subject line: ADMISSIONS COUNSELLOR - Vanguard College.
Apply By Date: 30/09/2020