As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Oakbank Baptist Church
Job Description: PDF Job Flyer
Full Time Lead Pastor
Oakbank Baptist Church is a friendly, midsized congregation, affiliated with the North American Baptist Conference. It is located in the growing community of Oakbank, Manitoba (roughly 20 kilometers east of Winnipeg). We are currently looking for a Lead Pastor who will help to lead us in becoming a church that passionately reaches out and connects with those in the Rural Municipality of Springfield. We have an active and growing Children’s and Student Ministry, as well as a regular outreach to a local Senior’s home. We are looking for a leader who is committed to teaching scripture, working with teams, and developing leaders.
We are also looking for someone who possesses a commitment to the ongoing development and training of leaders. The appropriate candidate will also be responsible for cooperatively preparing our weekly worship services, preaching, conducting weddings, funerals, baptisms and child dedications, as well as representing our church at denominational and regional ministerial meetings. We are looking for a qualified individual who will be able to manage the administrative aspects of church life as well as providing overall direction and supervision to the OBC staff. This position will require a regular participation and scheduled meetings with the church board deacons as well as other committees within our church.
- An absolute commitment to the Holy Scriptures as the inerrant word of God.
- An absolute commitment to preaching and teaching in a way which clearly communicates God’s word and reveals the person of Jesus Christ.
- Able to model and teach godliness and Christian commitment.
- Able to attentively provide pastoral care to, and counsel the congregation, noticing and responding to those in need.
- A commitment to both personal and corporate prayer.
The suitable candidate will display the character, conduct and competence as found in 1Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1Peter 5:1-9.
- We are seeking a full-time pastor who is ordained or qualified for ordination, with education recognized by the North American Baptist Conference.
- The suitable candidate shall be in agreement with the Oakbank Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith, the NAB Statement of Faith, The NAB Code of Ministerial Ethics, the OBC Constitution, as well as the OBC Church Covenant (https://qv142m45yvbz4fj3hldolknu-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/NAB-Statement-of-Beliefs-Affirmation-of-Marriage-Ethics-Statement.pdf).
Resumes with current references will be accepted and can be submitted by email to email@example.com . Only applicants given serious consideration will be contacted.
Preference will be given to those willing to relocate to Oakbank or the surrounding community.
Address: 26033 Springfield Road, Oakbank, MB R5N 0A8