As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Children's & Family Pastor
Westview Baptist Church
Job Description: PDF Long Job Posting
We are seeking an experienced Children’s and Family Pastor, in anticipation of the retirement of the current pastor in the spring of 2021. This person is the spiritual shepherd to children (0-12 years old) and their families in the church and in the local community. They will be responsible for envisioning and leading the processes for planning, coordinating, and delivering learning opportunities for children and their families, with the goal of bringing them into a closer relationship with Jesus. The Children’s and Family Pastor acts as a supportive coach and mentor to volunteers.
The Children’s and Family Pastor works closely with the Youth Pastor to provide a transition for children into youth ministry, and to provide leadership opportunities for teens at the church. The Children’s and Family Pastor works as part of a staff team to carry out the goals of the Church. The Children’s and Family Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Encourage spiritual growth in children at the Church
- Offer pastoral care
- Recruit, develop and encourage volunteers and leaders
- Promote healthy parenting and family behaviours
- Ensure Summer Day Camps are offered over the summer months
- Reach out to community at large
- Perform administrative and other related tasks
- Is a member of the elders’ board
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree of Christian Ministry
- At least three years of related experience working with Children in a larger church
- Administrative and pastoral experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered
Demonstrated Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- A fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ
- Eligibility for membership in the Church
- Passion and excitement for working with children
- Desire to love, serve and minister to/with families
- Sensitivity to others, humility and integrity
- Comfortable working within a diverse congregation
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Well-developed organizational, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Ability to motivate/coach/mentor others
- Experience with community engagement
- Willingness to support the overall vision, mission and values of the Church
- Successful record of commitment and follow-through in previous roles within Church
- Ability to embrace change
- Ability to be a lifelong learner
This position is 30 hours/week.
Compensation is negotiable and follows the guidelines of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canadian salary grid.
Send resumes and Ministry Information Profiles (MIP)s to the Church at: firstname.lastname@example.org
MIP templates are found at www.cbwc.ca/resources/careers
Contact the church if you have any questions or require more information.
Apply By Date: 30/09/2020
Address: Westview Baptist Church
1313 Ranchlands Way NW
Calgary, AB T3G 2A1