As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Director of Worship
FUMC of Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge, LA
First United Methodist Church is a Methodist Church located in downtown Baton Rouge, LA about an hour outside of New Orleans. The church is led by Senior Pastor Brady Whitton, who has been the senior pastor at the church for the last eight years. FUMC currently has three services offered at 8:30a, 9:45a and 11:00a. The first and third services offer a traditional worship style and the 9:45a service called the America Street Service offers a modern style of worship. Attendance currently runs around 1,000 each Sunday for their main worship services. The church’s modern worship department is called Emerging Worship and has a vision and plan in place to plant multiple campuses around the Baton Rouge area in the next few years with the first off site campus launching in March of 2020 called MidCity Church.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Director of Worship in their modern services called the America Street Service to lead their modern worship ministry and services. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
Leading and Coordinating worship ministry for The America Street Service, Youth, and Revive 225 by:
- Leading worship on a weekly basis
- Leading band rehearsals when necessary
- Recruiting, developing and leading worship leaders
- Recruiting, developing and leading musicians
- Creating Media (including, but not limited to, ProPresenter, Planning Center, iMovie, etc.)
- Find, train, and empower volunteers to be a part of the creative team including but not limited to...
- ProPresenter Volunteers for media
- Video/Live Stream Volunteers
- Sound and Lighting Volunteers
- Scripture Readers
- Work with the Emerging Worship team and FUMC staff to improve, plan and execute weekly worship experiences.
- Keep worship aligned with First UMC Mission and Vision
- Attend any meetings related to worship at main campus
- Meet with all campus worship leaders regularly
- Has previous experience in leading modern worship.
- Ability to lead and organize adults and students into functional ministry teams.
- Strong work ethic.
- Skilled in ProPresenter, Planning Center, Multitracks, Ableton, iMovie (or similar video editing software), and general Audio, Visual, and Lighting.
- Competent vocally and instrumentally in either guitar or keys.
- Enthusiastic and engaging personality.
- Agrees with the Book of Disciplines (United Methodist’s statement of beliefs and practices).
Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
At least two years of experience in leading worship full time preferred but not required.
Pastor of Emerging Worship
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/fumcbr
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com
Apply By Date: 01/09/2020