As a service to our students and the wider Christian community, Taylor shares employment opportunities from churches, ministries and like-minded organizations. The posting of these listings online and on the Taylor campus does not imply any endorsement of the position or the organization, nor does it imply any relationship between Taylor and the listing organization. If you would like to share your ministry position with our readers, you can do so by email or by filling out the form below. NOTE: Your posting will not appear online until after it has been reviewed and approved.
Director of Philanthropy
Dalit Freedom Network Canada
Job Description: PDF Opportunity Profile
Director of Philanthropy – Dalit Freedom Network Canada
- Passion to champion Dalit Freedom Network’s vision and mission.
- 5 + years fundraising experience with demonstrated success in major donor recruitment and retention, corporate and foundation relationship building, successful donor campaigns, events, strategic planning, and fundraising program development.
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in international development, and relevant professional training in fundraising.
- An engaging, lively personality that values working in a collaborative, creative team.
- Excellence in relational, verbal, written, and media communication skills.
- Proven ability to network and build relationships that generate significant donor support and loyalty.
- Comfortable presenting in churches, boardrooms, and other one-on-one interactions with a diverse mix of donors.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Relevant computer software and donor database experience.
- A mature Christian faith as evidenced by the Apostles' Creed.
- Design, develop, and deploy a comprehensive fundraising strategy. Working closely with the Executive Director to establish and implement annual financial goals and plans related to the priority programs of the organization.
- Grow a philanthropic program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of new donors, stakeholders, and partnerships.
- Explore new funding sources, oversee fundraising initiatives, and submit proposals to meet annual budgets and fund future projects.
- Implement, track, and follow up on annual sponsorships, planned-giving, other giving campaigns, and other department initiatives.
- Coordinate monthly reporting and financial recording with the Finance Department for board reports and audits.
- Research and write grants; provide timely reporting and ensure compliance as required with grant awards.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and be committed in public settings to tell the story of the poor and marginalized of India in acquiring new individual and corporate donors.
- Coordinate database use and management for donor records and acknowledgments.
- Keep a master calendar for development work and manage adherence to its tasks and timelines.
- Identify and apply innovative technologies that will assist in DFN’s development and communication efforts.
- Travel within Canada and occasionally internationally to promote and/or represent DFN.
Apply By Date: 19/06/2020